Author Topic: Cast Iron Intake  (Read 1718 times)

Offline 1Hotboss

Cast Iron Intake
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
I am quite a newbie, so please bare with me...

I purchased a cast iron intake which needs freshening up...how do I clean it up, remove the old paint and grime, and repaint it the correct Ford Blue...

I am not privey to a blast cabinet, old elbow grease is all I have...what products can I use, and what Ford blue would be the best to use...

Thanks

Also I have currently an Aluminum intake currently on the car, best way to clean this up for resale...

Thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Cast Iron Intake
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:47:30 PM »
I am quite a newbie, so please bare with me...
I purchased a cast iron intake which needs freshening up...how do I clean it up, remove the old paint and grime, and repaint it the correct Ford Blue...
I am not privey to a blast cabinet, old elbow grease is all I have...what products can I use

Might stop by and engine rebuild shop and ask what it would cost to clean it for you - easiest and might find its pretty cheap

, and what Ford blue would be the best to use...

Spray can or out of a gun (best) ?

Also I have currently an Aluminum intake currently on the car, best way to clean this up for resale...
Thanks

Would ask the same people (engine rebuild shop) to clean it also. Lacking that its carb cleaner and a nylon brush (with eye protection)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)