Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

67-70 Manual Steering Idler Arm Mounting Arm -Re: Original Take Off Idler Arms

(1/9) > >>

rockhouse66:
The slot in the '67 and later idler arm bracket is characteristic of a manual steering idler.

J_Speegle:
Mark Posted the following picture in the for Sale section and the following discussion took place so I moved it over to a more appropriate area ;)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: rockhouse66 on March 20, 2013, 08:41:52 AM ---The slot in the '67 and later idler arm bracket is characteristic of a manual steering idler.

--- End quote ---

Hmm not what I've be seeing - started this thread to continue the discussion away from Marks ad

rockhouse66:
Jeff - I don't know how to respond.  The "no slot" is PS and the "slot" is MS.  Are you suggesting it is the opposite?

Here is an original MS one;

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: rockhouse66 on March 22, 2013, 08:01:23 PM ---Jeff - I don't know how to respond.  The "no slot" is PS and the "slot" is MS.  Are you suggesting it is the opposite?

--- End quote ---

Guess I feel the same way ;)  but hoping we can get to the bottom of it through a discussion

But yes that is why Tim and I posted the way we did. Checked my pictures (have not gone through them all year but here are a few examples I found

What do you believe is the difference in the mounting bracket (angle, length....)  between the two arms?

Did find two like your picture but both were on 70 restored cars

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version