Author Topic: 69 Boss 302 Disassembly  (Read 15929 times)

Offline JohnSlack

Re: 69 Boss 302 Disassembly
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2017, 01:48:22 AM »
Jeff,
This is a really nice thread with a ton of information. I have been going over my partially restored 1969 BOSS 302 in an effort to remove the 6 or 7 (I used to think it was 5 or 6) reproduction parts I had used in the restoration prior to stopping to concentrate on the 1970 BOSS 302. So currently I'm spending some time underneath the car looking at what is there.

John

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »
Jeff,
This is a really nice thread with a ton of information. I have been going over my partially restored 1969 BOSS 302 in an effort to remove the 6 or 7 (I used to think it was 5 or 6) reproduction parts I had used in the restoration prior to stopping to concentrate on the 1970 BOSS 302. So currently I'm spending some time underneath the car looking at what is there.

John

Thanks John - surprising how much original stuff was still on the car after all these years (well until I bought it and put it away)  The low mileage helped allot - you know how hard it is to find a low mileage car is here in Calif.  But our 100K mile plus cars often look like other regions low mile cars.

Sorry I missed the opportunity to say hi at the open house. When they wrapped things up didn't see you - :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline JohnSlack

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »
Thanks John - surprising how much original stuff was still on the car after all these years (well until I bought it and put it away)  The low mileage helped allot - you know how hard it is to find a low mileage car is here in Calif.  But our 100K mile plus cars often look like other regions low mile cars.

Sorry I missed the opportunity to say hi at the open house. When they wrapped things up didn't see you - :(

We had left for Barrett Jackson, and there were quite a few people I missed. Name tags, a future must do. Yes my fairly low mileage Dearborn, July 10, 1969 built bought in New Mexico car had a lot of good parts as well.

My passenger side spindle is a D0ZA-3107- (blank), and the driver side is a D0ZA-3108-B.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:13:01 AM by JohnSlack »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2017, 05:56:15 PM »
We had left for Barrett Jackson, and there were quite a few people I missed. Name tags, a future must do. Yes my fairly low mileage Dearborn, July 10, 1969 built bought in New Mexico car had a lot of good parts as well.

My passenger side spindle is a D0ZA-3107, and the driver side is a D0ZA-3108.
You left out the most important thing about the engineering number . For those reading the suffix is the most important aspect of that engineering number . "B" = Boss . "C" =equals regular Mustang and Torino . One is rare "B" and one is common "C" . There is about 1000.00 or more difference between the two in today's market, that is if you can even find some for sale.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2017, 06:04:55 PM »
My passenger side spindle is a D0ZA-3107, and the driver side is a D0ZA-3108.

Remind me of when your car was completed if you could. Kind of expected to find some oddities since mine is such an early car. Of course not something I really even thought about 25 plus years ago when I found it in Hemmings sitting in the northeastern corner of the state. Another one of those adventures in chasing cars during that period
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline JohnSlack

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2017, 03:17:02 AM »
You left out the most important thing about the engineering number . For those reading the suffix is the most important aspect of that engineering number . "B" = Boss . "C" =equals regular Mustang and Torino . One is rare "B" and one is common "C" . There is about 1000.00 or more difference between the two in today's market, that is if you can even find some for sale.

Bob,
Actually it took me longer than I thought it would to get back to editing the original post. So when I climbed underneath the car to verify the suffix the passenger side was blank after the D0ZA-3107-, and the driver side is D0ZA-3108-B.
John
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:03:24 PM by JohnSlack »

Offline JohnSlack

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
Jeff,
From the stranger than what the heck department. The BOSS 302 I Pm'd you about with the C8OA-3107-C spindle on the passenger side. I took inside and outside micrometers with me today to investigate the spindles left and right. The C8OA-3107-C spindle on this car was identical in all respects to the KKXX spindle on the driver's side of the car. The C8OA-3107-C spindle also has the hardness test mark on it as well. I do have pictures. I'll post sometime tomorrow.
John
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:33:04 AM by JohnSlack »