Sometimes, we really need to pay attention to the BASICs. Best part about this list, is that it won't cost you a dime - only time!
My 2014 additions: (after judging OD & DD cars yesterday)
1) Empty the car. Don't leave oil bottles, Bubba mugs, jumper cables, or today's McDonalds trash on the seats, console, floor, or trunk...
2) Vacuum the damn carpet!!! At least do it sometime the month before the show.
3) Remove the floormats and/or clean under them. Of course, some that ignored #2 actually had cleaner carpet UNDER the mats!
4) Don't try to hide your cracked dash under a ballcap or showroom brochure... Really?
5) Beautiful paint, but remove the wax residue from seams, trim, and emblems, please!
6) Fluids belong on the inside, not the outside of your engine, master cylinder, PS pump.
7) Plug wires do not HAVE to look like spaghetti.
8 ) How DO you see thru those windows???
9) If your wheels have openings, you need to clean the inside of the rim!
10) CLEAN - door jambs, trunk hinges, bottom of doors, hood hinges, pedals, latches, sunvisors. If I can see it, it's fair game!
Ahhh, I feel better now.