Author Topic: New From Washington  (Read 2493 times)

Offline stillboardin

New From Washington
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:20 AM »
I found this site after spending the last 6 months on VMF.  I have begun to restore my 68 J-code coupe this past summer and slowly have started the dismantling process.
My wife bought this car for her 18th birthday in 1981 and she drove it through college and I drove it until 1995 when we moved back to Michigan.  It has been in storage at the in-laws since and now we moved back to Washington I needed a hobby so it was time to get working on it.
The car was originally Meadowlark Yellow and a pretty well optioned original coupe when she bought it.  The only thing that she changed was wheels and tires and she had it painted candyapple red.  All the bits were there and we kept it that way until we parked it.
My initial thought is to restore it to original but not something that we can't drive.  I have to fight the testosterone and not beef up the engine. 

Here are some pictures of the starting point and I will be asking lots of questions.

Factory Headrests

68 Coupe
8R01J131182
Owned since 1981
Currently in various stages of restoration

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: New From Washington
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum - we're here to help
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Re: New From Washington
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Welcome.  I see the results of an over amped battery on the underside of that hood! Fairly common from the cheap open cell batteries of the 60-70s.

Good luck with whatever restoration path you follow. Take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions.

Regards,
Pete Morgan