Author Topic: Trunk detail....Jacking instructions  (Read 2643 times)

Offline qman

Trunk detail....Jacking instructions
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »
When I took the trunk lid of my 67 to start the restoration process I noticed that the orginal  jacking instruction were put on upside down. I'm now ready to reglue those instructions back on the finished lid.  What do you suggest...put them on properly or the way I found them orginally? I plan to show the car in the concours driven class.  Thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Trunk detail....Jacking instructions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
As always make sure you document all these little details before you tear the car down.

In this sort of situation I can see reasons to choose either path and as a judge at best I'll ask if that is the way you found it.

Boils down IMHO to a simple choice between a factory mistake or applying it as the company designed and expected it to be.  Of course these details can be discussed for ever with some people believing that you don't reproduce mistakes on a Concours restored car. They would ask "you wouldn't leave a ugly fender fit issue go if you were judging"  would you?

But in my opinion this is not on the same level as a fit or finish detail on the exterior of the car and it can be changed/corrected quickly if you find its causing issues when being judged

Sure others will have opinions ;)

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)