Author Topic: '69 Mach 1, Concours Restored 351W/Auto  (Read 3274 times)

Offline drummingrocks

'69 Mach 1, Concours Restored 351W/Auto
« on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
1969 Mustang Mach 1 for sale.  Black Jade (dark green) with white deluxe interior.  M-code 351 Windsor 4 barrel with FMX automatic.  A/C, power steering, and power disc brakes.  The car was rotisserie restored to Mustang Club of America’s concours standards, top to bottom, inside and out.  It looks as good underneath as it does on the top side.  The undercarriage is correctly detailed to concours specifications, with proper red oxide paint for a Metuchen-built Mustang, and includes the correct overspray, paint drips, and colors and finishes that the car received on the assembly line.

The engine is the original 351 Windsor for the car, and was completely rebuilt with a .040 overbore.  Like the rest of the car, the engine was detailed for show, and has all of the little hard to find details like the correct exhaust manifold heat shield for a 351 Windsor.  The engine is completely stock except for a replacement Holley carburetor.  The FMX transmission was rebuilt with a mild TransGo shift kit.  The wheels are the correct chromed styled steel wheels for a ’69 Mach 1, with the correct full-size spare, jack, and jack handle in the trunk.  The trunk is detailed to show standards, with the correct sprayable sound deadener in the correct locations, along with a reproduction trunk mat.

The interior was fully redone with Dynamat on the floors, inside the doors, and above the headliner.  The original dash bezels were professionally rechromed and then detailed—no yellowed plastic here!  The seat belts were redone by Python restorations, and include correct Ford tags.  The interior is done correctly for a white ’69—the seat covers were special ordered without the red stripe, and the carpet was specially made with only a heel pad, and both of these details were documented and confirmed by Mustang Club of America judges as being correct.  The original steering wheel was rebuilt by Rimblow Buddy with a new rim blow switch.

Overall, the car was done correctly, with no shortcuts, excuses, or corners being cut.  The car is exactly as it was built/optioned when it was new, except the air conditioner has been converted to a Classic Auto Air system with a Sanden compressor, and I added the power disc brakes, as it was originally a drum brake car.  After building multiple ’65-66 Mustangs, most without power steering or brakes, I wanted a car that would be easy enough for my wife to drive.  I built the car to drive anywhere, and it has always been driven to Mustang Club of America events.  It has won multiple Gold awards in Mustang Club of America shows, where I have always shown it in the Concours Driven class.  It received Gold at the Savannah Mustang Nationals in 2014, along with a Prestige award, and also received Gold at the Grovetown/Augusta Mustang show in 2015.  I have all of the judging sheets and documentation from these shows.

It runs and drives as good as it looks, with no leaks, noises, squeaks, etc.  I would jump in it and drive to California tomorrow if I needed to.  I have every last piece of documentation and receipts from where I restored the car, along with a deluxe Marti Report on the car.  I will be happy to discuss the car with serious buyers.  Absolutely no trades.  Located about an hour north of Atlanta in northeast Georgia.

Priced at $42k.

Link to more images: http://imgur.com/a/t8poV

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:01:06 PM by drummingrocks »
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline drummingrocks

Re: '69 Mach 1, Concours Restored 351W/Auto
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 04:00:42 PM »
Car is SOLD.
Too much junk, too little time.