Author Topic: 1966 Galaxie 500 for sale $16,500  (Read 1379 times)

Offline zray

1966 Galaxie 500 for sale $16,500
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:12:22 AM »
1966 Galaxie 500 for sale $16,500

352 cubic inch, Automatic transmission, Power steering, A/C.  Color is Factory Sauterne Gold

my girlfriend has owned this car for about 3 years.  It was originally owned by a lady in Topeka Kansas.  She bought the car in 1966 and drove it until 1996.  She was 66 years old when she bought it and drove it until she was 96 !  

The interior is perfect, and the paint is very good with only two small dings on the passenger front fender. 

I drove the car from Topeka to Austin TX three years ago. It drove great.  The main flaw was an exhaust manifold leak. I had the cylinder heads removed to have that fixed, and at the same time had them restored with hardened exhaust valve seats and all new valves.  The fuel pump was also replaced.  The A/C compressor is new. 

Not working:  the clock, the factory cruise control, parking brake warning light. Has slight leak of power steering or transmission fluid.  Nothing major, just a small spot.

I would be confident driving this car anywhere, if fact, I could easily be persuaded to drive it for delivery to the new owner if trip expenses are paid.

zray289@gmail.com

thanks,

Z.

cel phone photo, color not accurate:

Looking for '65-'68 manual V-8 coupe
that doesn't need a new body