Author Topic: Wheel Well Moldings (fender & quarter)  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Angela

Wheel Well Moldings (fender & quarter)
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:50:55 PM »
Looking for NOS wheel well moldings for 1967. I need all four but would also be interested in a pair, if you only have front or rear which you'd consider selling. Thanks.

Offline Angela

Re: Wheel Well Moldings (fender & quarter)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
If anyone has a decent pair or set of original moldings, I would be interested. At this point I really just need these moldings to understand if I have sufficient clearance between the wheel well moldings and the rocker panel moldings. (I noticed that the RPMs vary substantially in length)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
If anyone has a decent pair or set of original moldings, I would be interested. At this point I really just need these moldings to understand if I have sufficient clearance between the wheel well moldings and the rocker panel moldings. (I noticed that the RPMs vary substantially in length)

Give yourself about 3/16" room at each end for the wheel moldings. (Read as: RPM should be no longer than 3/8" LESS than Rocker panel itself) This is a good estimate for clearance to the wheel moldings.If it is a little more than 3/8" difference, there could end up being a bit of a gap between the two items(as long as it isn't a big gap, it'll be good)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Angela

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
Thank you! I think you're saying that once both the wheel opening moldings and RPM are installed there essentially shouldn't be much, if any, gap between them. Yes?

With only the RPM installed, I think you're saying I need a minimum of 3/16" of body showing on each end, for the wheel well openings. If correct, that's good, because at best I think I have 1/4". :-)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
Thank you! I think you're saying that once both the wheel opening moldings and RPM are installed there essentially shouldn't be much, if any, gap between them. Yes?

YES

With only the RPM installed, I think you're saying I need a minimum of 3/16" of body showing on each end, for the wheel well openings. If correct, that's good, because at best I think I have 1/4". :-)

YES
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments