Author Topic: 17th Annual Ford & Mustang Roundup-Silver Springs (Ocala) FLORIDA  (Read 4827 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Upcoming January 8th & 9th 2011-This is a GREAT show and grows in size every year!
Rick & crew at NPD always do a GREAT job putting on this show, execpt you folks in the north have to stop sending us your frigid temps this time!!! we had weather in the high teens last year up there and it never got much above freezing all day!
Haven't heard anything this year about a BBQ at NPD though.......

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: 17th Annual Ford & Mustang Roundup-Silver Springs (Ocala) FLORIDA
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:29:03 AM »
Anyone else from Central Florida going? any word on the NPD BBQ??

Offline fla2005

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:47 AM »
The BBQ was held by the North Central Florida Mustang Club at the NPD location. The club isn't having a BBQ on January 8.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:37:34 AM »
I wonder why no BBQ? It was as fun as it could be last year with the temps so cold.
We went and toured NPD's collection of antique and classic cars (inside) and ended up like many others eating on the glass display counters inside the showroom due to the cold......may be NPD doesn't want all those folks INSIDE their place at 1 time......

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »
I sent an Email to NPD asking about the BBQ and received a very nice reply from RICK SCHMIDT himself telling me that the local Mustang club had put on the BBQ and that NPD had just provided the place for it (which I feel was very generous!!) and evedentally the club bit off (no pun intended) more than they could chew with this event, and besides that with the incredible cold weather everyone was basicly forced INSIDE the NPD showroom and inside show-car areas-(we stood and ate right on top of the glass display cases) and Rick said all this caused a MAJOR clean up task for his employees afterwards-something he hadn't planned on/for-I for one have the utmost respect for such a great place that NPD is and could almost see that type of outcome, again considering the extreeme cold temps.
I think everything would have been ok if it had been warmer and not so many folks going inside the building to stay warm-I think in this case that Rick & his employees were very grocious hosts, and certainly have no hard feelings towards the local club that put on the BBQ.
I know the BBQ had to be catered from somewhere locally in Ocala, so may be the club could try the BBQ again-may be right in the parking lot of Silver Springs right after the show..........

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »
UPDATE:1/10/11: Got back at around 10pm last night from anouther GREAT SHOW hosted by NPD, AGAIN Rick Schmidt and his crew did a superb job of handling the record number of vehicles in attendence. We also had GREAT weather on Saturday, though it was a bit chilly on Sunday-not bad.
I had the pleasure of finally meeting Donald Farr, editor of Mustang Monthly and spoke with him for about 30 minutes, then I was absolutely blown away when HE honored my car with EDITOR'S CHOICE award, then I nearly fell over when NPD presented my car with the BEST OF SHOW award!! I guess I'm a very humble person and never set out to be recognised like this, we just went to the show for probably the 13th time to have fun!! WOW!!!!!!!
BTW: 1965 K GT Convertible

Offline gjz30075

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
Congratulations!!
Greg Z

Offline fla2005

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »
What was your car that won the awards ?

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
1965 Tripple Black K code GT Convertible with Red "GT" stripe.

Offline VINTAGE SPARES

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
any photos?