Author Topic: 1971 AC Vacuum boss and hoses  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Mike.Griese

1971 AC Vacuum boss and hoses
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
Does anyone know of a source for the HVAC control vacuum boss and hoses for a '71 with A/C? The vacuum hoses are molded as part of the boss that fits on the back of the HVAC control. I am ready to start installing the AC system in my car and the hoses are feeling a little brittle. It would be much easier to change them out now rather than later.
--
Mike

'71 Convertible

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1971 AC Vacuum boss and hoses
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:31:15 PM »
Does anyone know of a source for the HVAC control vacuum boss and hoses for a '71 with A/C? The vacuum hoses are molded as part of the boss that fits on the back of the HVAC control. I am ready to start installing the AC system in my car and the hoses are feeling a little brittle. It would be much easier to change them out now rather than later.

Source would be the 71 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams. A large 18" x 13" thick plastic cover binder with diagrams of pretty much everything.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Mike.Griese

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »
I have one of those - good thing it's laminated.  What I am looking for is the actual boss and hoses.  The set in my car seems to be molded together at the boss instead of individual hoses.
--
Mike

'71 Convertible

Offline nham3407

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:30:25 AM »
Possibly try some of the AC system manufacturers.  Vintage Air, Classic Auto Air.  They may have a replacement part available.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »
Where did you get a copy that was laminated??  Guess you did it yourself since originals I've seen were not

Guess you could always get a short section of hose and test each port on the back of the switch/control and figure out which hose does what similar to what has to be done at times with electrical items
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)