Author Topic: dissacant reccomendations  (Read 1712 times)

Offline gimpystoy

dissacant reccomendations
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
My car is coming back from paint shop this week. I'm looking for recommendations for interior moisture control for remainder of Winter, please
TY,
Gimpy
67 C code Metuchen, May "67" build 289 C4

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
Re: dissacant reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »
If you are not into a dehumidifier, my experience is that Calcium Chloride is the most efficient of the crystal type ones.  They do make dehumidifiers that use a desiccant but I have never tried them.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
My car is coming back from paint shop this week. I'm looking for recommendations for interior moisture control for remainder of Winter, please
TY,
Gimpy
Arizona
seriously, dehumidifier
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline gimpystoy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Gimpy
67 C code Metuchen, May "67" build 289 C4

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
Arizona
seriously, dehumidifier

New Mexico is good too Tim……... :)
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:08:28 PM »
TY,
Gimpy
I have used the zippered up bag "Car Jacket" and a special designed metal cylinder that contained dissident that the company makes to use to control humidity in the bag once it was sealed up. I have used them with good success for a number of years when storing cars in a unheated storage facility . I have since moved to a larger building and have not had to use it but would not hesitate to use it again if I had to. Also good to keep out mice or prying eyes too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby