Author Topic: pensacola show  (Read 6566 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: pensacola show
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 03:31:09 AM »
We'll see - that is why they call it weather predicting. One of the few jobs you can keep where your average can be worst than a base ball player ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
Car is loaded and ready to go, just waiting on the wife to get home.
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 09:50:39 PM »
Current forecast: darkness, with gradual lightening in the morning.

Weather was good until about 10AM, when it started raining.  Then lightning, then downpours, then 60 mph winds.  My crappy tent basically collapsed (cross-braces bent), I was thoroughly soaked, and didn't dry out until I got to the hotel.  Rain stopped for good about noon.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
Guys, I hope everyone had a GREAT time in Pensacola!! I was planning on attending but pretty much at the last minute one of our beloved aging cats took ill, there will be plenty more car shows for me to attend, but not anouther little guy like my Nicky.

-Waiting on those GREAT pictures Fred!!

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
Today was quite successful for me.  My neighbor vendor (they always stick the same vendors next to me...we get along great!) had a NOS black 66 steering wheel last year that I was ready to offer a bid Sunday morning.  Unfortunately, he packed up Saturday and didn't return.  This time, I snagged it for $180.  I was also on a look-out for the small plastic set-screw for the fast idle screw on a 1966 4100 choke.  Friday, no one had a Ford carb; today, there were many of them, so I bought the best one for $35.  An older gentleman came by, and wanted the carb.  I said all I needed was the small plastic piece, and he allowed me to remove it and I got rid of the crusty carb. 

Friday, I got a big box of 71-73 cores in exchange for a 68 Shelby underdash refurbishment.  Today, I bought two big boxes of 70's and 67's, along with separate purchases of a 64 Comet, 66 and 68 Mustang underdashes.  My trunk is completely full of various cores. 

My E-Z Pop-Up Tent basically collapsed under the wind yesterday and late today, and it's toast.  Those tents are a piece of crap...don't buy them!

The show is huge; the weather today was great.  The Gulf Coast Regional Mustang club always puts on a good show and are to be congratulated.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
Glad the weather turned out nice today.  My friend Stephan from Germany has a blue '65 K fastback there that I restored.  Think it is at the end of the first row near the vendors.  Concours driven class.

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
saw stephan's car........it was great........matt judged it and took a few points.........as for the pics deb was not able to take as many this time.........she had to help m.j. with some of her photos...........overall great show.
5F09C331248

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
Had a good time met some great people. Learned a lot for the next show. Ended up with Gold for unrestored 64.5 - 66 as well as gold for unrestored 64.5-70 ( I believe, we were about out of ear shot when they announced the second) was very shocked and honored.
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
it was a pleasure meeting you and your f/b is a great car worthy of the award. hope to see you down the road somewhere.
5F09C331248

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »
it was a pleasure meeting you and your f/b is a great car worthy of the award. hope to see you down the road somewhere.

It was a pleasure meeting you as well and thank you on the compliment. We will def be hitting more MCA shows.

I thought the support, show tips etc was great, being the new guy you don't always see people willing to give up info. It was greatly appreciated.