Author Topic: 69/70 Shelby GT350 Question - Distributor Primary Wire Detail  (Read 1431 times)

Offline VikingNJ

69/70 Shelby GT350 Question - Distributor Primary Wire Detail
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:04:55 PM »
Hello,

I want wondering if anyone can tell me and possibly post a photo of what the Distributor Primary Wire should be. For example, color of elbow connector and such. I am also looking for one to purchase.
Thanks for your help.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69/70 Shelby GT350 Question - Distributor Primary Wire Detail
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 11:02:29 PM »
The boot as it enters the distributor through the hole had AUTOLITE cast into the surface

As for color of the boot I believe that it indicated the length of the lead and in turn the application
Looked at my pictures and found what may be an interesting detail. Like other details it seems that it might depend on when the car was built.

When was your car completed at Ford/Dearborn?

Might help to incorporate your cars info into your signature or you're going to be answering that question and others engine size/type, trans, options, .....  allot here ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »
My shelby GT350 FB was built on June 11, 1969. I actually wanted to know what color the elbow connector going to the ignition coil was.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:12:17 PM »
My shelby GT350 FB was built on June 11, 1969. I actually wanted to know what color the elbow connector going to the ignition coil was.

Understood - and the reason for the follow up question was because it appears that there was a running production change between earlier and later built and installed distributors for this application and I wanted to provide the best answer and information I could ;)

Looks to be a blue boot for the later cars/engines

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »
Jeff,
Thanks so much for posting those pictures.
Nils