Author Topic: Lemans Holley Fitting  (Read 5523 times)

Offline BubbaG

Lemans Holley Fitting
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
Does anyone know where I can purchase the brass fuel inlet fitting for a Holley 715cfm Lemans carburetor.  Its the 3/8" fitting that screws into the fuel bowl that the 1/2" secondary fuel line fitting screws onto.  One of mine is cracked and leaks, and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.  Any help on where to source one would be appreciated.
1966 Fastback A code 4sp
1986 Hatchback 351W C4
1990 GT Convertible T5
2008 GT Convertible

Offline rockhouse66

Re: Lemans Holley Fitting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:46:29 AM »
I bought one from Carl's Ford Parts while in the process of cloning one of these from a Holley double pumper.  Did you try Carl?

http://www.carlsfordparts.com/
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
I bought one from Carl's Ford Parts while in the process of cloning one of these from a Holley double pumper.  Did you try Carl?

http://www.carlsfordparts.com/
+1
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 2+2=GT350

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:23 PM »
Original 715 cfm had vacuum  secondaries and not a double pumper. How did yours turn out?  Any picturies? Just wondering if it m worked for you. What size pump and cam on the pump did you use? +2 on Carls

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »
Original 715 cfm had vacuum  secondaries and not a double pumper. How did yours turn out?  Any picturies? Just wondering if it m worked for you. What size pump and cam on the pump did you use? +2 on Carls

I used a dummy vacuum secondary housing to try to make it look more correct.  So far, the carb was just a bolt on because it had been on another running engine and I didn't change the accel pump setup.  Very pleased with the results.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »
I used a dummy vacuum secondary housing to try to make it look more correct.  So far, the carb was just a bolt on because it had been on another running engine and I didn't change the accel pump setup.  Very pleased with the results.
A little off topic but if trying to make things look more "correct" don't forget to address the oversize hole on your repro Cobra intake. That incorrect oversize heater fitting hole has been corrected on the latest recently released repro Cobra intakes but it is a easy way to tell the repro . How to fix the hole? Weld up the hole and redrill to correct size to fit the stock heater hose elbow. The oversize fitting is the first thing a knowledgeable enthusiast looks for.  It is hard to overlook.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby