Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 259 times)

Offline rrenz

Batteries
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:39:05 PM »
Now that restoration battery has gone out of business this has left us with antique auto battery. Ive never heard anything good about them or their product. Left with this I began to read reviews. The last few months have had pretty consistent complaints of no one answering the phones and some even left with no product after sending payment. Is there another source for a battery or am I stuck with using the topper? I need a new battery and would like to ditch the topper but it looks like we're SOL now.
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Batteries
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:19:32 AM »
Now that restoration battery has gone out of business this has left us with antique auto battery. Ive never heard anything good about them or their product. Left with this I began to read reviews. The last few months have had pretty consistent complaints of no one answering the phones and some even left with no product after sending payment. Is there another source for a battery or am I stuck with using the topper? I need a new battery and would like to ditch the topper but it looks like we're SOL now.
I had heard that Restoration Battery bought their batteries from Antique battery. I was supposed to send my assemblyline 22 F battery to Antique Battery so they could reproduce them. I have heard so much bad press about them lately that no way am I sending my rare battery to them. If they treat others in a bad way should I expect any better treatment?
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »
I purchased a battery from antique auto battery about 3-4 years ago.  Had no issues and the battery still works fine.  Just my experience.
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »
I just talked to a restoration shop that started trying to order 2 batteries 2 weeks ago when he first placed a order by voice mail and has never gotten a call back. He has called every other day for two weeks  asking for a call back (voice mail). When I told him of of others experiences It was little satisfaction that he was not alone. He said they have always had a lackadaisical attitude towards customer service but never this bad. He also said he remembers the last time it was bad last fall they had remarked about dealing with a death.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline rrenz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
that has been a pretty consistent complaint the last few month according to google and Facebook reviews. Im reluctant to send them money unless I can physically walk away with a battery.
Ryan
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »
Guess if we have a older dead repo ... better keep it for now till this all washes out
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
I'm disappointed that Brant has not commented. I know that last year he supplied a 24F to a friend in Australia.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline rrenz

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »
I was also hoping a supplier would comment that may actually have one in stock. Another site that comes up is batterycentralmall.com. Im assuming they are probably also supplied by antique auto battery.
Ryan
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 09:50:28 PM »
I'm disappointed that Brant has not commented. I know that last year he supplied a 24F to a friend in Australia.
Jim
He would have at least as bad of a story if not worse . I talk to him about this exact subject a week ago and his story was disturbing (not going to tell his tale).