Author Topic: Hood Pin Orientation  (Read 862 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Hood Pin Orientation
« on: August 10, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »
Subject came up elsewhere and pictures were posted so as often happens I'm posting on our site for the benefit of members and lurkers here :)

Standard/typical orientation is to locate the rivets at 12, 3, 6 and 9 O'clock from the front of the car

From factory photo shoot of production cars

From period magazine

From examples of unrestored cars - Each pictures is from a different individual car

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline shelby_1967

Re: Hood Pin Orientation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
Thanks Jeff I was just about to put my hood pin assembly’s on. When they restored the hood they put fiberglass over the original holes. One question I have the steel frame lower portion of the hood. Where rivets still used or did they use screws with this hood?  Tony

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:35:11 PM »
Thanks Jeff I was just about to put my hood pin assembly’s on. When they restored the hood they put fiberglass over the original holes. One question I have the steel frame lower portion of the hood. Where rivets still used or did they use screws with this hood?  Tony
Not Jeff but rivets were used on the 67 Shelby's with steel inner structure hoods.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 12:21:08 AM »
Tony as Bob wrote - rivets for both versions of the hood. Its its got screws someone has been there before and got it wrong.

Glad the timing was right for you one this post
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline shelby_1967

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »
Great thanks.