Author Topic: C4ZE-G2 radiator - GT 350 only or not  (Read 4101 times)

Offline livetoride60

C4ZE-G2 radiator - GT 350 only or not
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
Looking for more info on the C4ZE-G2 radiator.  My Oct 64 SJ K-code has an original C4ZE-G2, date code 9-64.  I'd lean towards it being original to the car, since the dates line up and the car came with almost all of it's original parts.  However I've seen discussions on the SAAC and Hipo forums that these were possibly only used on the Shelbys, but don't know the definitive answer, if there is one.  Just saw this chart, which shows they were used for early V8 manual tranny no AC cars.

I'd be interested in any comments from those more knowledgeable on the subject, if these were GT350 only or if they found there way onto some early SJ K's.  Also I'd be interested in learning the source of the chart.

Thanks,
Rich
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:53:20 PM by livetoride60 »
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose, 10/9/64
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn, 5/24/66
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: C4ZE-G2 radiator - GT 350 only or not
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Looking for more info on the C4ZE-G2 radiator.  My Oct 64 SJ K-code has an original C4ZE-G2, date code 9-64.  I'd lean towards it being original to the car, since the dates line up and the car came with almost all of it's original parts.  However I've seen discussions on the SAAC and Hipo forums that these were possibly only used on the Shelbys, but don't know the definitive answer, if there is one.  Just saw this chart, which shows they were used for early V8 manual tranny no AC cars.

I'd be interested in any comments from those more knowledgeable on the subject, if these were GT350 only or if they found there way onto some early SJ K's.  Also I'd be interested in learning the source of the chart.

Thanks,
Rich
Not Shelby only. I have seen them in other cars. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline s2ms

• 6S1757 Info
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »

Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

Your car is one of the few 65-66 non-GT350's I've heard of with a G2 but as Bob points out it did occur. However, I have yet to see an original 65-66 GT350 original radiator that has the stamp in the top tank (earlier) or soldered tag (later) not be a G2. I be interested in hearing about any 65-66 GT350 OE non-G2 radiators.

The original source for the chart is the very last page of this AMK online catalog...

http://www.amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF/220-295.pdf

Dave

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »
FYI .I need a G2 rad if anyone knows of one while we are on the subject PM me if you can help ;D .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline livetoride60

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I appreciate the clarification. 

Bob I'll keep an eye out.  I did find an original 3939S fuel pump a couple months ago.  I love long shots.  ;)
'65 K code Fastback, 4sp, San Jose, 10/9/64
'66 C code Coupe, C4, Dearborn, 5/24/66
'67 Fairlane Convertible, 3sp, 200 I6