Author Topic: 1967 Hood Pin Extensions Details.  (Read 2769 times)

1967 eight barrel

1967 Hood Pin Extensions Details.
« on: April 16, 2016, 12:24:08 AM »
Were the hood pins are bolted to the hood bumper extensions; Should there be a washer under the jam nut on top of the extension? If so, what finish and how large? On the hood bumpers, were the originals gold zinc like the reproductions?

-Keith
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:38:37 PM by 1967 eight barrel »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1967 Hood Pin Extensions Details.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »
Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:22:05 AM »
Were the hood pins are bolted to the hood bumper extensions; Should there be a washer under the jam nut on top of the extension? If so, what finish and how large? On the hood bumpers, were the originals gold zinc like the reproductions?

-Keith
No washer . Zinc gold on the threads of the bumpers.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:02:10 AM »
Bob,
Thanks again for the examples, and thinking in advance being I didn't specify inboard or outboard, even though you and I discussed this before.

-Keith

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 01:04:55 AM »
Bob,
By the way, what is the soldered terminal for that is on the on the inboard right hood pin extension? I have never seen one with that. Great use of the Autolite boot plugs for the hood spacer.. ;D

-Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 02:03:18 AM »
Bob,
By the way, what is the soldered terminal for that is on the on the inboard right hood pin extension? I have never seen one with that. Great use of the Autolite boot plugs for the hood spacer.. ;D                                   

Bob didn't provide the pictures   ::)
Jeff Speegle

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
Jeff,
Thank you for providing the pictures. It was late, I was tired and missed that detail.

-Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »
Believe the ground connection you see on that one owner car is possibly for an alarm system the car had in its past
Jeff Speegle

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »
Believe the ground connection you see on that one owner car is possibly for an alarm system the car had in its past

I thought perhaps it was someone's remedy to the issue with the lights going off when the high beams are turned on.

-Keith