Author Topic: 67 flexable A/C lines  (Read 1500 times)

Offline preaction

67 flexable A/C lines
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Can these be found NOS ? or can or more importantly does someone replace the factory lines using the factory ends. Im going to guess here that the end parts are a 67 only thing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 06:07:43 PM by carlite65 »
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 flexable A/C lines
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:25:53 PM »
Can these be found NOS ? or can or more importantly does someone replace the factory lines using the factory ends. Im going to guess here that the end parts are a 67 only thing.
Probably somewhere you could find NOS but they are extremely rare in that form . I have never come across a NOS set of 67 lines in all my years . Maybe someone else has had more luck then I have . I have networked with quite a few sellers and swap meets over the years so it wasn't for lack of trying. If you did find some no doubt they would be very expensive given supply and demand. Obsoleted in early 68 production as you can guess. You have to be careful because many times sellers will advertise "NOS A/C Lines" and they are different then assemblyline.  There are quite a few NOS hang on A/C kits out there but the long lines are different then what came on the 68 69 cars let alone the 67 cars. The old kits are where many source various parts from. Some parts  are OK to use as assemblyline and some are not .The trick is knowing which is and which isn't.   No one I am aware of that makes them up with the correct ends as far as I know. Wish they did. Excellent used is the best you can hope for I am afraid.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:29:54 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline preaction

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
Thanks for the insight Bob, I trust your experience. My thinking was to find someone who may make up a new set using my ends. Were the hoses something that had a date on them ?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »
Thanks for the insight Bob, I trust your experience. My thinking was to find someone who may make up a new set using my ends. Were the hoses something that had a date on them ?
Typical dated on the flexible lines not the metal crimped ends. Where there is a will there is a way but at what cost?  I think you are going to get to a point of diminishing return on this project. What with the correct flex material ,correct markings on the material and if you could have someone supply and crimp the ends in the same way . It is very doubtful they will look the same in comparison to the originals. You might gain something in pristine appearance but loose the same on authenticity compared to original. If there was not still excellent used out there to source I would be more apt to suggest devoting time and expense to the effort. Right now it doesn't make sense to me IMO. Time marches on and resources diminish but for the present I would not spend another second on research to reproduce the hoses because there are still excellent used out there and they only command a small fraction of the cost to make some up that approach looking comparable. I would spend the time you would otherwise use as research to build instead to source some excellent originals  Just my thoughts.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline preaction

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »
Very good point thank you.