Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
1969 Mustang / Re: 1969 Firewall hole size needed.
« Last post by jwc66k on March 26, 2024, 07:08:57 PM »
I would assume that is for underdash harness, 14401, and if I got to punch a feed thru hole for any harness, I measure the diameter of the grommet's groove and use a chassis punch.
Him
Parts / Re: Verifying a true NOS steering wheel
« Last post by Bob Gaines on March 26, 2024, 05:39:12 PM »
Thank you for the comparison.
1969 Mustang / 1969 Firewall hole size needed.
« Last post by Scott302 on March 26, 2024, 04:10:11 PM »
I am looking for the diameter of this hole in the center of the firewall.  The under dash main harness with a grommet and wires for the wiper, engine gauge feed harness and others pass through here.

Regards,
Scott
Parts / Re: Verifying a true NOS steering wheel
« Last post by Hipo giddyup on March 26, 2024, 03:54:29 PM »
Now that I have the NOS wheel in hand - no pun intended- , I can see what Charles was saying. There is indeed a different feel between the two, and the NOS wheel feels a slight heavier. I will say that the repro "looks" much better than the NOS, with the Ford wheel having mold imperfections and a dull/scratched appearance in some places. I was able to use a foam pad and Plastix to polish it up a bit, more to my liking.

The repro wheel I had lasted 6 years before it finally gave way to two cracks at the mold injection points. The NOS wheel I have on my 67' has been there for 20 years and still in the great shape it was since I installed it. Luck I guess, since I know direct sun and changes in temp play a big role with wheels cracking.

Here are some pics I took to capture some of the differences between the two. Hopefully this will help out those questioning a true NOS wheel.

Repro wheel vs NOS wheel

Mold points are rectangle in the repro wheel rim - NOS is round
TS detent underneath is painted black on repro - NOS painted Orange
Center hub plate on repro is attached with Allen head screws  - NOS wheel has spot welded center
Injection points on 3 spokes, repro is larger, oval -  NOS, which has a slightly smaller oval, and a mold ring around the injection point
Wheel grips look very much the same with a similar measurement for grip

Also noted is the hardware (screws) on the NOS seems to have a yellowish coating? while the repro is likely just shiny cad plated.

Plastic pieces for the horn contacts are a darker white on the NOS, but then again could be from age. My NOS wheel I picked up is from 1990.

Parts / Re: 69 70 Mustang Speaker Cover identification
« Last post by hopey on March 26, 2024, 11:42:29 AM »
Extract from the 1975 MPC. Standard vs deluxe?
« Last post by krelboyne on March 26, 2024, 11:41:47 AM »
Might be the interior trim level, of the door panel, that changes the speaker cover?

The "DW" covers appear to be all the same regardless of color.

Interior & Trunk / Re: Prepping textured Interior metal panels for primer/paint
« Last post by AJ on March 26, 2024, 11:37:07 AM »
After stripping and cleaning mentioned above,  i sprayed a light coat of black followed by a coat of charcoal black metallic. I used SEM brand purchased from NPD

1966 Mustang / Re: 66 Fuel Tank Insulation
« Last post by 21.04 on March 26, 2024, 03:59:50 AM »
Another example of trunk insulation seen in photo T18 of the Early 66 SJ GT A code convertible -Unrestored
Picture threads.  In this example, car has deluxe interior.

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=16692.0

« Last post by AJ on March 26, 2024, 12:47:53 AM »
Out of curiosity, I pulled a white speaker grill of dads 70 Boss.  AM 8 track car with white standard interior.  Grill never been off the car.   Found it to be a -cw suffix.

Hi folks ... I have been researching 385 and FE intakes, heads and cams and I'm looking to see if any fellow members here might have the one-year 1968, 1970 and/or 1971 Ford Parts Catalogs.  Specifically I'm seeking copies of those pages (photos, scans, whatever's easy) showing part numbers for 390, 427, 428 & 429/460 cylinder heads (group PN# 6049), intake manifolds (9424) and camshafts (6250).

As most here know, sometimes the one-year books might list different part numbers than the 1960-68 and 1965-72 Ford Master Parts Catalogs which I already have.  I've been working on understanding the chronology of these numbers, so looking to get as much info on each as possible.  Pictures show the front covers for each book. 

If anyone needs lookups, I have the one-year 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 & 1969 Ford Parts Catalogs (plus similar ones for Mercury) and happy to do the same.  Thanks kindly for the help -- Roger.

Jeff Speegle / Mods - feel free to move this post to a different section if not posted in the correct area.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10