Author Topic: '71 ram air underhood flapper and actuator assenblies  (Read 477 times)

mac1971

'71 ram air underhood flapper and actuator assenblies
« on: May 13, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »
Looking for a nice set, complete, with actuators that hold vacuum. Mine may not be salvageable... the actuators are very difficult if not impossible to rebuild and have them looking factory upon completion. The lip on the edges will more than likely show the efforts to initially open them up for servicing. The fiber inserts on my car were subjected to the AZ heat, dirt, two lousy paintjobs and have become brittle. Looking for a nice set close to if not NOS and or easily restored. these will be going on my '71 429cj RA convertible restoration. Thanks in advance for any possible leads.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: '71 ram air underhood flapper and actuator assenblies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »
Engine compartment is coming along nicely ;) Thanks for the pics!

I wish I could offer help on the actuators but I am fairly sure somebody doing Cobra Jets, 68-70 have ideas and sources I do not know about. I would think the actuators would be rebuildable and there is somebody doing it. A few people come to mind to suggest to contact and you might PM me for the suggestions if they do not answer otherwise to this thread.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments