Author Topic: 65 66 NOS Assemblyline Looking Hipo Air Filter Element ALL SOLD PENDING PAYMENTS  (Read 717 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
I have collected over the years some rare maroon air filter elements that look much closer to the 65 and 66 GT350 assemblyline Ford Hipo Filter then the orange hipo filters currently available. It is time for me to stop collecting and to sell a few. The genuine hipo maroon filters come up for sale very infrequently and when they do they trade for upwards  of 1800.00 to collectors. If you can ever even find one that is. These New Old Stock Maroon reproduction Hipo filters have been obsolete for many years . i knew what they were and collected them every chance I got.They look very close in comparison to the correct Ford ones. The maroon rubber is a night and day visual difference compared to the orange filters. Less I forget to mention these maroon filters have the same factory yellow paper. This is a highly visible detail under the hood.  I have posted some pictures with the genuine assemblyline filter on the Left in the comparisons and on the bottom in the first stacked picture . The picture of 3 is one of each. The last stacked filter has the maroon obsolete repro on the bottom and the current available orange on the top. There are some differences but if you don't fool the judges it will make them take a second look . Very seldom do you see this discriminating detail on cars entered in concours. Some entrants are not aware and some that are aware ether can't find one or don't want to fork over what they typically trade for. Here is a economy alternative relatively speaking. 89.00 shipped to your door for a detail that few will ever have. No checks so please don't ask. Paypal only using the friends and family option. UPS shipping to US lower 48 states only. If a foreign member wants to ship to a US address no problem. I only have a few so first come first serve. PM me if interested . Thank you looking.  ALL SOLD PENDING PAYMENTS
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:50:45 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 65 66 NOS Assemblyline Looking Hipo Air Filter Element
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:52:39 AM »
I have collected over the years some rare maroon air filter elements that look much closer to the 65 and 66 GT350 assemblyline Ford Hipo Filter then the orange hipo filters currently available. It is time for me to stop collecting and to sell a few. The genuine hipo maroon filters come up for sale very infrequently and when they do they trade for upwards  of 1800.00 to collectors. If you can ever even find one that is. These New Old Stock Maroon reproduction Hipo filters have been obsolete for many years . i knew what they were and collected them every chance I got.They look very close in comparison to the correct Ford ones. The maroon rubber is a night and day visual difference compared to the orange filters. Less I forget to mention these maroon filters have the same factory yellow paper. This is a highly visible detail under the hood.  I have posted some pictures with the genuine assemblyline filter on the Left in the comparisons and on the bottom in the first stacked picture . The picture of 3 is one of each. The last stacked filter has the maroon obsolete repro on the bottom and the current available orange on the top. There are some differences but if you don't fool the judges it will make them take a second look . Very seldom do you see this discriminating detail on cars entered in concours. Some entrants are not aware and some that are aware ether can't find one or don't want to fork over what they typically trade for. Here is a economy alternative relatively speaking. 89.00 shipped to your door for a detail that few will ever have. No checks so please don't ask. Paypal only using the friends and family option. UPS shipping to US lower 48 states only. If a foreign member wants to ship to a US address no problem. I only have a few so first come first serve. PM me if interested . Thank you looking.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby