Author Topic: 3rd member brake line valve picture  (Read 667 times)

Offline evantugby

3rd member brake line valve picture
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
Gents,
I'm trying to find a good picture showing this area of where the brass brake valve connects with the 3rd member.  Can you supply a good picture of this set up as it would be on a 1966 K-code? 

Thanks,

Evan
1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: 3rd member brake line valve picture
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »
The rear brake hose connects just like the one in that pic.  The brass block is on the end of the bracket, it's made differently than a single exhaust rear brake hose.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »
Gents,
I'm trying to find a good picture showing this area of where the brass brake valve connects with the 3rd member.  Can you supply a good picture of this set up as it would be on a 1966 K-code? 

Thanks,

Evan
I find it strange that what with your recent searchs for assemblyline details that the rear end housing in the picture which I assume is yours is shiny enough to see someones reflection in. It looks like it belongs on a world of wheels custom car. That is the complete polar opposite of a assemblyline detail. I am confused why you would want to mix the two. Help me understand.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline evantugby

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
Bob,
This was an internet picture I found here:

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=588.0

I am simply trying to make sure I understand how this brake valve and brake lines connect on my kar.  I see what looks like a brass-colored bracket (see picture) that I don't recall having this piece on my kar. 
1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »
Bob,
This was an internet picture I found here:

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=588.0

I am simply trying to make sure I understand how this brake valve and brake lines connect on my kar.  I see what looks like a brass-colored bracket (see picture) that I don't recall having this piece on my kar.
Good to know. What a relief.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »
I see what looks like a brass-colored bracket (see picture) that I don't recall having this piece on my kar.

Finish on that arm/bracket is zinc dichromate - the reason it looks brass color in that lighting
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)