Author Topic: 1966 Sprint 200 question  (Read 11520 times)

Offline yelostang

Re: 1966 Sprint 200 question
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »
Have 4 copies of "Six Classics" that  Mitchel published. Also have 2 others called "Sprint Print". In Issue Vol. 4 No. 4, Six Classics, Fall 1986, had a car featured by it's then owner, who titled it "Miami Nice". A 66 Sprint cvt in Wimbledon White with Red Interior that got Pony'd! It had a Feb. 22 Dearborn build, according to article.

Inside of that issue,(not in the mag. copy!) was a copy of a letter I had written to Mitchell, in answer to a subscription request. Had forgotten, until seeing this post and digging up the issues, another 66 Sprint cvt. that I flipped, buying it in Ft. Lauderdale and selling it to a party in Canada. Also sold him  a Falcon Futura 6 cyl. 2 dr. He rigged a towbar on the cvt, towing the Falcon, and took off, leaving his "driver" car behind to pick up later.

He called me from Roanoke, Va. to inform me that the C-4 in the Sprint "evacuated it's bowels" on a gas station service drive, and what was I going to do about it!! Nada, was the reply! He hooked up the Sprint behind the Falcon and continued to Quebec, through the Adirondacks. That sturdy little Falcon, with a 144 6 cyl. completed the trip!!

Mitchell sent me a copy of a Window Sticker for a 66 Sprint Fastback Package A. If you send me a PM with a mailing address will send you a copy, etc. for your registry.

Offline SteveMc

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
Hi Tony,

I ran across an February 2009 article in Mustang Monthly, by Jim Smart " A Special Six-Cylinder  for a Special Springtime 1966 Sale" and he had Rick Mitchell's contact information at the end of the article.   I believe it listed his address and phone number in Baltimore.  He actually talked with him when he wrote the article.

I have started the restoration process of my 66 Sprint 200.   It is a coupe and was my first car.   It has been stored at my Dad's since the late 70's.   Me, my dad, and my two sons are currently working on getting it running and up to speed.

I am interested in the registry and any information that you could provide.

Thanks for all of your  input.   I have benefited from your comments here and on Vintage Mustang.

SteveMc from TN

Offline Pete Bush

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 06:00:27 AM »
Steve,

I'm a Sprint 200 convertible owner, and live in Tennessee also. Our car has been in the family for about 25 years. If you're an East Tennessean, perhaps we can compare notes?

Pete Bush
Sevierville, TN
'66 6-cylinder Sprint Convertible
Metuchen - Scheduled May 10th; Built June 21st

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
Yelostang, Do you have Rick Mitchell's current e-mail address?  I only have his snail mail address.

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline tuckergsx

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:01 AM »
Tony - saw this post and hope you will visit it again - i have purchased and i am rebuilding a 200 sprint fastback - and recently read about your registry...  wondered if we could chat a bit on this?

tucker