Author Topic: 1966 GT Corral  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Philma

1966 GT Corral
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »
Can anyone tell me if a 1965 corral is the same as a1966 GT corral?
They look to be the same from pictures but I do not want to buy one and find out the side posts are different.
I have the pony just need the corral. (Oh and yes I need the lamps too but I will keep searching for those)
66 Fastback GT
6T09A16XXXX
Silver Blue

Offline SamG

Re: 1966 GT Corral
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »
I think you'll find that the 66 corral does not have the 'north' and 'south' legs that are present on the 65

BTW, I have an uncle in Mississippi that claims he worked on the assembly line making service replacements for the horse/corral/door handles/emblems, etc...he said there's absolutely no telling how many tons of those parts they'd melted down or simply thrown in the trash over the years.  He had a few parts he had saved...all for 65-66

SamG

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »
I think you'll find that the 66 corral does not have the 'north' and 'south' legs that are present on the 65

BTW, I have an uncle in Mississippi that claims he worked on the assembly line making service replacements for the horse/corral/door handles/emblems, etc...he said there's absolutely no telling how many tons of those parts they'd melted down or simply thrown in the trash over the years.  He had a few parts he had saved...all for 65-66

SamG
+ 1

Offline Philma

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »
Sam, you are correct I wasn't even thinking about that. I was talking to a guy at a local car show and he had a "66 GT" he swore was verified and other than some paint it was original his corral had North and South bars. I found a 65 corral with some bent N & S bars, thought I might be able to patch it up and run with it for a while.
Is your uncle looking to sell?
66 Fastback GT
6T09A16XXXX
Silver Blue

Offline SamG

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »
Is your uncle looking to sell

He no longer has the few pieces that he did have....I do.  He had a couple of pairs of door handles minus hardware and a couple of the horses...minus corral.  I got the pieces he had.  I no longer have anything I got from him except for one of the horses...

Sorry.   

However, that's one piece that is pretty plentiful.  'Decent' reproductions of those pieces have been out forever so the prices of service replacements and used parts have been reasonable. 

SamG