Author Topic: New Family Member  (Read 12197 times)

Offline Stangly

• Gold Level Subscriber
New Family Member
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
My wife and I wanted to part of the 50th Mustang anniversary so we broke down and ordered one.  This was a 30th wedding anniversary to each other and our first new car.  It drive beautifully and hauls ass we need to put on 300 hundred more miles for the break in and then we can drive it like we stole it.  There are lot of similarities in the body lines between it and the 69 you can see a bit of it in the background.
GT premium
6 speed manual
50th anniversary package

69 Sports Roof 302 2V (numbers matching)
Dearborn (June build date) Acapulco Blue
68 Coupe J-Code
San Jose (June build date) Sea Foam Green
2001 V6 Laser Red
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: New Family Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:20:49 AM »
Happy Anniversary!

Nice looking car too!
My wife and I were married in 2005 and similarly,  we both wanted to get a new car as a gift to each other. (difference being we were both as excited with the '05 Mustang's new redesigned look) but we were also buying a house together which we decided was more important. We held off on the car at first, mostly because they said to leave your bank accounts (savings) alone during the process of closing the house. It was a good move to wait. We ended up adopting (buying used) our 2005 GT convertible in 2008 with 12K miles, a real bargain price and in perfect condition. We couldn't have been happier and still are. My only regret in buying the '05? It placed my restoration of my '67 onto the back burner and that was a bummer. The payments only lasted so long and the '67 is back on the front burner again, right alongiside the new roof on the garage they both are stored in!

Congrats! May you still have your '15 in as nice of condition at your 60th in '30!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:59:26 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Smokey 15

Re: New Family Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
 Happy Anniversary!  I hope you and your Bride enjoy a long, happy, healthy life together. And, I hope your new Mustang proves to be a great addition to your family. You picked the exact color I would have!  Sweet!