Author Topic: Tire stickers  (Read 1071 times)

Offline 1969 Cale II

Tire stickers
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »
I don't the best place for this question and it is not on a mustang but, does anybody make the sticker that would be on the spare tire. It is for my 1969 Cyclone with Goodyear Poly Glass tires.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Tire stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:17:06 AM »
I don't the best place for this question and it is not on a mustang but, does anybody make the sticker that would be on the spare tire. It is for my 1969 Cyclone with Goodyear Poly Glass tires.
All of the original unused full size spares I have seen had ink stamping address on the sidewall and tire size stenciled on the tread. The tires with sticker I have always thought were from retail tire stores . At least for 67-70. Others may have different observations
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:46:50 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
I've seen a few labels on unrestored car that I believe were original to the car.  One I pulled up was from a 68 NJ example but I know of no one reproducing them

On other years have seen shipping labels on some tire and wheel combination (space saver) not not certain that was for all of them.  ANd as Bob mentioned have seen a side wall square stamp, printing on the thread as well as writing on the side wall depending on year and application
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »
I have also seen shipping label stickers on the some space savers.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby