Author Topic: Transmission / Starter wiring  (Read 1643 times)

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
Transmission / Starter wiring
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
Mar 66 Metuchen C-Code Convt.
Need a picture of how the neutral safety switch wire is suppose to be attached along its' path to the firewall. ( Clips etc. )
Also need a piture of how starter wire is suppose to be attached along its' path to the solenoid.  ( Clips etc. )

Thanks in advance
Bryan
66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline Vince22

Re: Transmission / Starter wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:09:25 AM »
Hi,
Did you get an answer to "Also need a piture of how starter wire is suppose to be attached along its' path to the solenoid.  ( Clips etc. )" ?
I am interested as well ;-)
Vincent

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »
Hi,
Did you get an answer to "Also need a piture of how starter wire is suppose to be attached along its' path to the solenoid.  ( Clips etc. )" ?
Vincent
This is not meant to scold but just a helpful tip in that you may want to look at the date of the post you are responding to before posting given the post you responded to in this case is over 10 years old ( June 23, 2010, 10:11:42 AM ).
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 01:32:53 PM »
For my own information...is it better to start a new thread for the same topic? In the past, I have found myself struggling when I found an old, but applicable thread. Thanks in advance.
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
For my own information...is it better to start a new thread for the same topic? In the past, I have found myself struggling when I found an old, but applicable thread. Thanks in advance.
i would start a new thread that way the context is more clear IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »
If you start a new thread on an old topic, you will get criticized for not using the search feature. If you post to an old thread, you will get criticized for not looking at the date. The answer is - well, you did ask a question, the same one apparently in the original post, and both did not get an answer.
I recommend that you get a set of the Mustang Assembly Manuals for your year car. The answer to your question "may" be there. A lot more bits of part's installations are included in those manuals.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline C6ZZGT

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 11:27:50 PM »
Hi,
Vincent

I think it comes down to how you add to an old post like this.In this case the OP is still active on the forum,so not all bad as he may give you an answer . Many times when someone digs up on old post you find the OP has not been around since the post was made. So asking the OP in that case is not helpful . Just adding to the old post with a general question clarifying that you have a similar issue should be OK . Or reference the old post in your new post.
Brian
66 GT Coupe 6R07A143871 owned since 1983
40+ yr parts man , over 25 with Ford.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 04:52:14 PM »
....................... Just adding to the old post with a general question clarifying that you have a similar issue should be OK . Or reference the old post in your new post.

Agreed in this case as long as its the same subject and details. Something like "I have questions also on the subject. A picture or diagram would be helpful" should hopefully meet with some help and assistance if available.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)