Author Topic: Got in wreck with my 1968 Ford Mustang  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Smokey 15

Re: Got in wreck with my 1968 Ford Mustang
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »
This is why I don't take my car out much and I can't get people I speak with to understand my reasoning. I should care pictures of the wrecked cars to show them. In fact, with the amount of texting while driving, I'm even hesitant or fearful of taking rides on the roads on my bicycle.
I understand completely.  We live near bike trails. We transport our bikes there rather than ride on our country roads to avoid getting run over.

Offline preaction

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »
Their was a participant this weekend at fords at Carlisle who drove their 67 cougar to the show on the return home trip a tire blew out and the car flipped  a few times and landed in the median there were thankfully no serious injuries.
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »
Glad you are OK!!! My friend was in a similar situation where a lady ran through a 4 way stop and hit him right on the front right wheel back in 1998. The car was totaled by his insurance, who then settled and gave him $1600. He was furious, even though the car was a work in progress, it had a fresh rebuilt 289 that just cost him $2200. He bought the car back via a salvage title and had the frame pulled and aligned.  I  then replaced the necessary parts, repainted it, and put a new suspension under it for the $1600. Luckily he was also not hurt but ended up getting a nicely redone Mustang out of it. He'll say he is always in my debt but that's what friends are for!  The moral of this story is that there is always a bright side! I hope it works out and you get it back on the road soon! Best of luck.
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'

Offline mustangted

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
stated value is very different than agreed value

I hope this doesn't hurt (what I'm about to write) but"TOTALLED" by insurance coverage should not be considered "totalled" by an"owner's standards" and considered GONE. You have the right to retain ownership but the process is could be deemed by you as"not profitable" in the end. I hope one way or another that you retain the car & have it fixed, even if the insurance company totals it out. When they "settle" with you, they will more than likely take the $10K "agreed value" price, subtract the estimate of repairs, add the resale value of the remains (auction value) and offer that number to you. It likely will not be a good number if this happens. :(

This "agreed value" (sometimes called "stated value") is what your insurance rates were based upon so you might have short-changed yourself. Insurance companies ALWAYS are looking for the "out" so if nothing else, once (if) you repair the car, you might also wish to UP the stated (agreed) value to a value closer to an actual "replacement cost" because IMHO, $10K will NOT or ever likely ever buy you another one of the same.
66 L6 Coupe, 06 v-6 coupe