Author Topic: POR 15 FORD Corporate Blue engine paint - too dark?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline rrenz

Re: POR 15 FORD Corporate Blue engine paint - too dark?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
Used the VHT/Dupli Color myself on my 66. As far as durability its been about 2 years now with occasional driving with only minimal touchups with a fine brush here and there. Only issue I ran into was 1 can of the 3 that I had purchased was a mile off as far as color shade was concerned. Had to buy additional cans and do spray outs first to confirm proper color consistency. Ive always felt that it appeared to be a bit too dark but was very happy with its appearance. Like previously noted the color will look different inside and out, when the sun hits it Etc
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:30:20 AM by rrenz »
1966 C Code NJ Springtime yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »

I've been using PlastiKote's High Heat Engine Paint stuff for the past 20 years with a high rate of success.  It's quality stuff...and I think that the colors are pretty accurate. ../and it sure wears like iron!!  PS: Don't forget to use their Engine Primer for really tough wear...  I just love the stuff.

Just a suggestion!

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »

I've been using PlastiKote's High Heat Engine Paint stuff for the past 20 years with a high rate of success.  It's quality stuff...and I think that the colors are pretty accurate. ../and it sure wears like iron!!  PS: Don't forget to use their Engine Primer for really tough wear...  I just love the stuff.

As another suggestion remember that originally no primer was used and its application, along with applying too much paint will lead to produce an unoriginal finish and look.  We see allot of engines both rattle canned and painted that come out looking like they were dipped in paint/plastic whick really stand out as incorrect
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)