Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Ford parts

(1/2) > >>

ruppstang:
  I installed a assembly line Carlite windshield with a NOS Ford gasket today. It was the first time to use original glass and a NOS seal. I could not believe how much better everything fit, including the SS trim. I was done with the front and back glass in about 3 hours.
I sure wish we could order the parts from Ford, not from China.
Marty

CharlesTurner:
That can be said for probably 90% or more for everything else. 

gjz30075:
Glad to hear this.   I always worry about NOS rubber.

jwc66k:
It's been 15-18 years since I put a new windshield in my 66 Hardtop. The shop supplied the windshield ($100 at the time) and I supplied the gaskets, front and rear (I wanted the cracked gasket changed on the rear window, the glass was OK). I supplied the NOS gaskets. The shop used one tube of sealer on the rear window, and four on the windshield. They said the thinner repro windshield was the problem not the gasket, but were happy I supplied NOS gaskets.
Jim

ruppstang:
I have known for a long time that ford parts were better than most reproduction parts but I was surprised that there was that much difference in the rubber. It only took a half a tube of sealent to seal the windshield.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version