Author Topic: 2018 rule change??  (Read 306 times)

Offline CW4macret

2018 rule change??
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »
I was looking at the judge sheet from KC of a fellow club member who also enters 65 concours trailered. Under "rear neutral parts" one of the judges wrote "painted finishes will no longer be allowed in 2018". is that true?
Mac
64.5, 5F07D
66 Convertible 6T08T
71 Mach1 429CJ 1F05J
05 GT
08 GT500
14 GT500

Online ChrisV289

Re: 2018 rule change??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
A judge wrote on my judging sheets in Tucson that petronix was going to go away but I contacted Steve Prewitt and Dan Trapp and they had no idea about this.  Might be something they were going to bring up at the judges meeting in Kansas City.  I'd contact Dan or Steve to see if your item was brought up or not.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:40:14 AM by carlite65 »
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback

Offline Scott302

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
We discussed this again at the judges meeting following the KC show.  We had asked to do away with them at the Myrtle Beach 2016 meeting.  I believe it was vetoed afterward but at the KC meeting the 65-66 judges I talked with seemed to be in agreement that the paint should be more closely scrutinized to be a close representation of the correct texture, color and sheen.  For me that means semi-gloss cast blast won't work for phosphate and oil hood hinges and springs as an example.  We'll have to see how they write it up and publish it later this year before jumping to too many conclusions.

As far as I know Pertronix modules will still be allowed in Concours Driven.
Regards,
Scott
Scott Halseth
Ford Product Manager
National Parts Depot
MCA#01776

Offline saleen98

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:33 PM »
I feel with a lot of the changes they are trying to make will force the early coupes completely out this class. I have competed in this class for years but will no longer. Where is the line between concours and  thoroughbred?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:00 PM »
First welcome to the site - hope you find the site useful in your concours related needs.

I feel with a lot of the changes they are trying to make will force the early coupes completely out this class. I have competed in this class for years but will no longer. Where is the line between concours and  thoroughbred?

Origin of the parts. Also no stamping dates on sheet metal, labels, tags, tires and cast parts

Both should have almost all the same details as both should represent/reflect how the cars were originally built.

Not sure how this relates to early cars any different than any other class.  Everyone has the same end goal, should have the same standards and the same yardstick though the Thoroughbreds require a more limited field of parts that will pass muster if inspected. Anything else would not IMHO be concours nor restored. But restoring is different than judging and in Thoroughbred class a slightly finer gauge is sometimes used in determining if a point is taken here or there. At either level each car should be prepared to the level of expectation or exceed it and that is best achieved doing everything possible to build the car as close as possible to how the car was delivered or built.

As always I remind and invite all to ask questions, voice their feelings and discuss matters on the official MCA site. They can use the traffic over there plus it's where insiders, officials and other lurkers will see and read your comments.

http://www.mustang.org/index.php
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:56:06 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CW4macret

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »
Moved to the MCA site. You are right Jeff that is where it should be.
Mac
64.5, 5F07D
66 Convertible 6T08T
71 Mach1 429CJ 1F05J
05 GT
08 GT500
14 GT500