Author Topic: Brake line Flare Seat Deburring Tool: Brake Distribution Block  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Angela

Brake line Flare Seat Deburring Tool: Brake Distribution Block
« on: October 29, 2021, 05:20:58 AM »
When rebuilding original K/H brake distribution blocks, how does one deburr the female brake like seats which are recessed into the block?

I am aware of brake flare "lapping" tools which resurface / deburr the male brake line flares, but I'm not sure what the tools are called which clean and resurface the female seat inside the distribution block.

I seem to recall tools for this purpose when rebuilding steering control valves, yet I can't come up with a search phrase that finds something made for this purpose.

I can rebuild my distribution block and install new brake lines, only to discover leaks because of burrs or nicks at the seats within the block itself.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Tools you have used for this purpose?

Thanks!

Offline OldGuy

Re: Brake line Flare Seat Deburring Tool: Brake Distribution Block
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 10:06:06 AM »
I'm not aware of where to get the tool that you are looking for BUT I can tell you how to stop your leak. You can use what is called a "copper flare gasket" to provide a sealing interface between the tube and block.

An easy source for such a gasket is Amazon. Type in "copper flare gasket" and you will get a selection of suitable gaskets. I know that there are other sources but the key is knowing what you are searching for when you type in your search information.

I hope this helps.

Frank