Author Topic: Luxury Pony Deluxe Interior start date  (Read 401 times)

Offline 6T5 Fastback

Luxury Pony Deluxe Interior start date
« on: November 26, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows the start date of the pony interiors? I have seen on several websites that the pony interior was started in March 1965 ( looking to narrow that down ) . My car was built on March 17th 1965 in San Jose with a luxury interior. 
63B H 62 17Q 74
Thanks for your help....

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Luxury Pony Deluxe Interior start date
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 02:06:40 AM »
Can't think of any way to narrow it down. Even if you knew was specific car was the first that day to get that interior we don't have the records that would indicate what the completion date of that car. And on the other hand a car with a higher sequential VIN than your example and with a later projected build date (for example May 30th) may have been built before your car.  If we had another example of a San Jose Mustang Mustang with the option with a projected build date of March 8th we would not know if it was built before or after your car either.

You can collect stamping dates from panels attached to the car but that will only provide a general range or a no earlier than xxxx range

The date on the door tag is nothing more than a best guess when the order was entered into the system at San Jose

Think its a question without a possible answer at this point.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:39:06 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
You might look on the back seat bottom for a metal tag with the date code on it. Will give you an idea when it was built.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows the start date of the pony interiors? I have seen on several websites that the pony interior was started in March 1965 ( looking to narrow that down ) . My car was built on March 17th 1965 in San Jose with a luxury interior. 
63B H 62 17Q 74
Thanks for your help....

Does your car have the original warranty plate?  If it's repro, you might want to check if the metal part of the dash below the center of the speedometer cluster has a dip or is straight.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin