Author Topic: Dual Red Lines  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Brian Conway

Dual Red Lines
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
So is the closest we are going to get in the after market?  Dual red line radial tire.  The red lines are 3/8" raised and the tire is a radial.  Other better options ?  Thanks, Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

Re: Dual Red Lines
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »
Try Coker https://www.cokertire.com/ it took a bit of searching but they still have them
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/redline-tires/u-s-royal-redline.html
Note: These are not as originals, but close. Originals did not have the scalloped edge on the outer edge of the sidewall. They were smooth.
Jim
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:32:38 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  While that tire is a dual stripe tire it is not a radial.  I am thinking I do prefer a radial.  So the tire I posted looks like the compromise ?  Radial and dual stripes.  Brian
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 08:09:35 PM »
While that tire is a dual stripe tire it is not a radial -
- and is not concourse correct.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »
 author=jwc66k
- and is not concourse correct.
Jim

I realize that.  Brian
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 02:27:45 AM »
This radial by Coker Tire looks almost like a classic bias ply tire.  To bad they don't have a dual redline version...  yet.

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/radial-tires/firestone-wide-oval-radial-redlines.html
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
Brian
I don't know where your image came from, but Diamondback Tire in SC will provide dual redlines on any radial tire you choose and will buff off the brand name, etc. for a nice look.  In our sizes though, the tire of choice is usually the BFG Radial T/A.  There may be a Dunlop alternative.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
Brian,

These are from Diamond Back I ordered in 2006 when I lived down in Ventura, CA. They are 205 70 R 14's. At the time they were called "Supreme Dual Redline Tires". I'm not sure what they offer now days. I've really liked these tires over the years. They've held up really well and they ride nice when we get the car out for the "seasonal ~100 miles" or so they receive these days. The only thing I would ask about if you decide to go this route (agree absolutely non-concours) that they will skin the surface of what they use for the base tire and you lose the DOT information on the redline side of the tire. I ordered another one for the spare about two years after these 4 and it was a Power Cushion tire but only retained the DOT information on the un-touched backside of the tire. If I had known this, I probably wouldn't have purchased the latter one because it doesn't match the other four as it should.
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
Golly... thanks for all the help.  It is my understanding that a concourse correct dual redline tire is not available in the after market ?  Things change and I could be wrong ?  Rockhouse and Lancelot66's using/suggesting Diamond Back is certainly an option.  I think the tire I posted is a more affordable, $200 and free shipping, option ? That tire is from Coker # 530293, is a BF Goodrich tire, with all the usual tire info, ratings, approvals, warranties and has the 3/8" dual red stripes factory installed.  At the moment it seems if I want a dual red stripe tire and a radial performance tire this might be it ?  Kinda exploring the subject at the moment and learning.  Thanks, Brian
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 05:11:34 PM »
It is my understanding that a concourse correct dual redline tire is not available in the after market ?  Things change and I could be wrong ? 
Did you read reply number 1?
Rockhouse and Lancelot66's using/suggesting Diamond Back is certainly an option. 
No.
That tire is from Coker # 530293, is a BF Goodrich tire, with all the usual tire info, ratings, approvals, warranties and has the 3/8" dual red stripes factory installed. 
This tire was not a factory option.
At the moment it seems if I want a dual red stripe tire and a radial performance tire this might be it ?
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/redline-tires/u-s-royal-redline.html
Correct supplier, correct dual redline, cheaper at $171.
Jim

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 06:02:58 PM »
Jim I did read you helpful post.  I did the research you suggested and that tire, US Royal, is not a radial tire.  Perhaps you missed that in my post's ?  Pictured is the tire you have referenced.  Note the 4" tread face ?  A bit to thin for my needs.  Thanks, Brian
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 11:35:34 AM »
Radial tires are allowed in the MCA concours driven class, I would think those aftermarket would be ok. 

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin