1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

1966 v8 fuel filter

(1/3) > >>

edwardgt350:
can someone post a picture of an orig or concours correct v8 fuel filter?
i understand it sould be silver.
autolite? rotunda?
black or red ink date code stamp?
thank you

rrenz:
From Bob Perkins June 9, 1966 Coupe

jwc66k:
The Motorcraft FG-15, C5AZ-9155-B, fuel filter looks exactly like the original one on Perkin's carburetor. Except for the markings, it has the raised circle on the hex installation nut but I can't see what the hose fitting end looks like. It's made in China.
Jim

NEFaurora:
Be careful!

Different Autolite and Motorcraft fuel filters actually have different threads...some coarse, some fine, and even different sizes!  You can easily cross thread the wrong fuel filter and have a big mess on your hands as this has been done by accident thousands of times.  Make sure that you double-check the EXACT application and slowly check the threads to make sure that you have the correct ones.

If you look at the Perkins picture above, What you are looking at is a Ford "Rotunda" assembly line fuel filter.  Rotunda fuel filters were also sold over the counter at Ford Dealers as well just like Autolite and later what became Motorcraft. Both were owned by Ford, but Rotunda was Specifically a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury parts supplier only..sort of an internal Ford Parts Supplier.  Autolite and Motorcraft were different than Rotunda in that they made parts for other vehicles as well such as GM and Mopar, and not just Ford products.

:o)

Tony K.

jwc66k:
I just measured the threads on a FG-15 filter, 1/2-20. It will thread onto a 65 carburetor (C5ZF E) fuel inlet but the gasket will "seat" LOOSE between the carburetor and filter, as in leaks. The filter has the inward taper to seat on the outward taper of the carburetor inlet port and whether that is enough to seal, I don't know. The filter is for my 66 cars.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version