1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

1965/66 Mustang upper and lower control arms

(1/5) > >>

65fastbk:
Hi,

Looking for some quality upper and lower control arms for a driver.  I saw some rare parts ones, the scott drake ones.  Not sure if its better to buy one of these or find someone to rebuild my originals.  What is everyone using?

Thx!

Mark

ChrisV289:
I had Anghel Restorations redo mine. Turned out great.

CharlesTurner:
The RP ones that I have seen were for a 67-68 and the shape on the sides was incorrect.  I used an original control arm to mark out the correct side dimensions and ground the RP ones down.  They actually came out really nice.  The ball joint was a cheap replacement, bought some MOOG ones and used correct boots and had Marcus rivet them on.  The only benefit of the RP ones is that you start with clean, pit-free metal, they will require additional work to make them look decent. 

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on January 22, 2018, 10:37:51 AM ---The RP ones that I have seen were for a 67-68 and the shape on the sides was incorrect.  I used an original control arm to mark out the correct side dimensions and ground the RP ones down.  They actually came out really nice.  The ball joint was a cheap replacement, bought some MOOG ones and used correct boots and had Marcus rivet them on.  The only benefit of the RP ones is that you start with clean, pit-free metal, they will require additional work to make them look decent.

--- End quote ---

Wonder what they would want for just the bare a arms.  For the guys that can't find nice unrusty originals. I liked the that they had the stretch and holder (when shaping) marks that go away when some blast or clean their originals

midlife:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on January 22, 2018, 10:37:51 AM ---The RP ones that I have seen were for a 67-68 and the shape on the sides was incorrect.  I used an original control arm to mark out the correct side dimensions and ground the RP ones down.  They actually came out really nice.  The ball joint was a cheap replacement, bought some MOOG ones and used correct boots and had Marcus rivet them on.  The only benefit of the RP ones is that you start with clean, pit-free metal, they will require additional work to make them look decent.

--- End quote ---
What is RP for the uninitiated (like dumb ol' me...)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version