Author Topic: heater hose id  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Ashley

heater hose id
« on: January 25, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »
Anyone have a picture of numbers stamped on heater hoses for a 71 429 car. Having stamps made if I can find correct info. Have one original hose with D1ZA-18472-BA with 36 length. Other hose has different ending to part number. Something must different about hoses, possibly length.

Offline specialed

Re: heater hose id
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:06:53 AM »
Ford eng. # s told u the hose type & lenght  & i have seen yellow striped hose with Dooe#s also  70 71 era  . I have made most of the heater hose stamps for 69-70 cars.  Just remember hose #s are different if u have A/C   or intake water tubes.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »
Can't really help. My car had them changed out long ago. The best (and it really isn't any help) is the following picture. Unfortunately the owner "touched up" the engine compartment and replaced them with reproductions.  No I don't know the owner nor how he/she could be contacted to see if they were still on a shelf somewhere

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Ashley

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:00:58 AM »
Thanks for pics Jeff. Have two original hoses, one has part number with 36'' at end of number. Other one has no part number with measured length of 35''. Located a part number for second hose, which is different with no length stipulated. Trying to determine if 35'' would be on hose.