Author Topic: Which exhaust system for my 1966 K-code  (Read 940 times)

Offline evantugby

Which exhaust system for my 1966 K-code
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:26:53 PM »
Concours Team,
This has been the hardest part to pull the trigger on?  I don't know if I want Waldron's Arvinode system (http://www.waldronexhaust.com/arvinodedualexhaust.htm) or something more factory correct for a 1966. 

CJ Pony looks like they sell this system for $577 + $277 hangar kit which to me seems like a great price.

The dilemma:  Do I go with a factory correct 1966 exhaust system that I have no clue how it sounds?  Or do I go with an Arvinode system which it sounds nice, the price is fair but is incorrect for my kar?

Note:  I'm willing to deviate what would have been period correct for my exhaust.  I am not trying to have concours judging of my kar. 

Please give me your thoughts/opinions to help me decide!  :)

1966 GT, 6T09K13, Born 23 Oct 1965

There is no statue of equality in liberty harbor, there is a statue of liberty.  We are different this way.  -CK

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Which exhaust system for my 1966 K-code
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:28:53 PM »
you asked here on the concours site so the only answer is to use what is correct for the model you have. i don't think you will be disappointed in the sound. loud systems get old after a while.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »
I would only purchase and install a Fuller system so that it is correct and sounds correct for the car.  Think a non-stock exhaust system will stand out if the rest of this valuable and rare car is correctly restored

You will be very happy with the installation, fit and the sound unless your looking for something that sounds like glass packs or the drone sound producing mufflers

For the other options I would ask elsewhere since this site has a narrow focus and those other sites will have more experience and will likely be more help with modified features.   Since your torn with this choice I guess your considering other modifications around the car.  If your looking to for a better sound sure you have considered headers also. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:00:17 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »
+1 to a scott fuller system

Just my opinion

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Morsel

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 06:21:11 PM »
+1 to a scott fuller system

Just my opinion

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Agree as well, Fuller system is only way to go in my opinion if you want the real deal, expensive, but you only cry once with this system...

J
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior