Author Topic: Dash pad decal  (Read 681 times)

Offline cobrajet_carl

Dash pad decal
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
I've tried searching but can't come up with anything. Is this decal a Ford original? I'm thinking I have seen it somewhere before but I don't think it was on a 69/70.
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Dash pad decal
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:24:22 PM »
Believe this may be the results of the problem they had in the later Fords were they were "jumping" out of park. It was not unlike car companies to send out warnings, letters and stickers to all registered owners when a problem arose to cover their legal a**s

A similar thing brought about the lovely CAUTION FAN decals on many of our cars (not referring to Boss 429s or late classic Mustangs ;) or the yellow warning label sent out for the space saver spare we often see owners reapply

Since many of these ended up on unrestored, low mileage or nice original cars it was often assumed that they were original to the car from day one
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 09:43:16 PM »
I was expecting to see a part number on the sticker
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 12:13:21 AM »
I was expecting to see a part number on the sticker

Not all stickers and decal had engineering numbers printed on them. Can think of dozens without - especially as you get into later years
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline KevinK

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:02 AM »
The sticker was part of a recall like program in the 80s. I received at least 1 in the mail from Ford. Other cars were probably affected too. I do not believe there were specific instructions on where to install it. I think I put mine on the sun visor similar to other new cars of the time.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS