Author Topic: Original owner of a white 85  (Read 3404 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Original owner of a white 85
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
I purchased a 85 SVO in may of 85. regretfully sold it in 92 as today my 16 year kid wished I still had it. Working on another mustang project and ran across some original factory installed parts from the svo. Wanted to find out what kind of intrest there would be if I listed them for sale. This is a short list of what I have. These parts are for that show car.

Battery
Muffler and pipe (tip gone)
Front headlamps and trim (I switched to flush 85 1/2 look)
85 and 86 sales brochures
Small seatbelt for child seat in wrapper
Maybe some more miscl.

Offline rodster

Re: Original owner of a white 85
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »

Only one way to know....list them and post some pictures!  ;)

I didn't buy my SVO new but had it pretty long and think I would regret selling it.  Fun little car.

1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
Probably a good time to let this stuff go. Look for listing next week after the holidays. Just in time to fill that Christmas stocking.

Offline rodster

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »

I'll save some room on my Christmas list!  ;D

I've been good all year but I think some of the other SVO folks haven't been.   ;)              ;D ;D ;D
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline chalkys_explorer

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »

If it's the original white case Motorcraft battery, I'd be very interested!!!!!
84 1C MA 3EF132078 .....amongst others

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 12:41:47 AM »
It's the battery the car was delivered with from factory. I believe it is the white case. I pulled it after 5 years and put it on a shelf. Been there ever since.

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
OK I checked the battery last night and it has a white case with MOTORCRAFT on the side and a black top. There is a numbner on the case and a tag below some yellowed plastic. The headlamps are SYLVANIA HALOGEN and the metal buckets are attached to them with the stainless ring. Three of the 4 plastic adjustment screws have been located. I also have the factory installed air filter element with a silk screened part number, some paper tags i lifted off because I didn't allow the dealer to prep it, plastic sheets with writing that they are to be removed upon delivery to new owner(off carpet i believe), paper tags for an auto lockout of reverse in english one one side and french on the other. One original windsheild wiper, the seat belt clip (but I'm not sure about that one as its got a wierd ford part number) and one front turn signal indicator housing but it has a cracked edge so it might let moisture in.

Offline chalkys_explorer

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »

Ok, so i'd be interested in the battery for display purposes so think of a price and send me a private message.

As for the tags and stuff, as this forum is intended as a way of discussing and documenting how these cars were originally delivered it would be invaluable for the community at large if you could photograph and post pics of some of these items. I for one, would be very grateful as many of theses items were simply removed and discarded upon delivery and so this information is lost. Having this information shared on-line is a valuable resource for all collectors and restorers.
84 1C MA 3EF132078 .....amongst others

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
Pics posted of all part, tags , stickers and protective plastic. Since there are a few interested parties in some of the parts and especially the battery I will do it on a private message silent auction. Details posted tomorrow. This way you bid what you think it's  I worth. No jacking up the price like on eBay. The first one to see it doesn't just snatch it. I feel that's the fairest way for everyone.