Author Topic: Welcome to the ConcourMustang SVO Area !  (Read 48325 times)

Offline 8T6 SVO

Re: Welcome to the ConcourMustang SVO Area !
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »
Hello Mark,

Great site!   Glad you told me about it.

First off, my name is Bryan Russell, I am in Grapevine Texas.  I am the proud owner of 4 SVO Mustangs.  First one is an 84 9L (oxford white,  second is a rare 85 9L (one of 5 in white)  Hertz Rent a Racer, third is an 86 9L, and my baby is an 86 1C (black).   I have owned 6 svo's over the years,  sold two,  still have four, and probably won't be the end of my insanity, lol.  You have to be a special person to own a Special Vehicle Operations Mustang.  Ask any SVO owner what i'm talking about, they know. :-)

Look forward to many more postings over here and hope to be a part of what Mark has going on.

Nice to meet you guys,

Bryan Russell

Mark - I thought you were the only one with a 1984 SVO that was 9L in color:)  Looks like Bryan has one too.

Great to see this site -  The farther away these car get from being new, the harder it is going to be to get them restored correctly.  Good documentation of how to properly restore one of these cars is invaluable - Thank you! 

I will help when ever I can.  I've got lots of photos & parts - and some experience. 8)

Greg

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 11:30:25 AM »
Hello Greg !

Look at those "blue nuts" in your photo !!!   Boy you do great work.

Let's start a catagory for SPECIAL TORQUE/REQUIRED TO RUN.
Post some close ups and we will talk about SVO's.

I'll bet Bryan got excited and double posted the 9L.   Unlike the recent practice of selling BODY IN WHITE for racers - TheMacToolsSVO was a requested paint to allow for race paint to follow.

Mark
P.S. Don't be suprised if you see the only other car painted a different color then all other SVOs in 1984 here soon also )
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline 8T6 SVO

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
We may never know if there was any other different colored cars besides the Cadet Blue car - there may be another one hiding out there - somewhere.

Offline Kendal Coker

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
As the owner of the 84 Cadet Blue Car, I am glad to be here.  later Kendal

Offline 8T6 SVO

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 06:13:33 PM »
As the owner of the 84 Cadet Blue Car, I am glad to be here.  later Kendal

Well welcome Kendal!  Gotta see some pictures of that Cadet Blue Car.  What a cool car.

Offline bluemax

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 07:08:25 PM »
Mark, glad to see this site...should be a great way to exchange info. on these cars.

Also glad to see two of my buddies, Kendal and Greg on here as well. Both have quite a bit of knowledge to share as well!

Matt

Offline Kendal Coker

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »
Here are some pics. Hope this works. First is on the rotisserie after sandblasting the underside and engine compartment. then last one is where it is now. The rest of the body parts are being worked on at the body shop before I carry the rest. Engine has been rebuilt but I have not had it running yet.

Offline 8T6 SVO

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 01:59:46 AM »
Definitely the only "special order" color on a very rare car - that I know of. 

Maybe the Mac Tools Car was a special order color?

Thanks for the pictures Kendal - I can't wait to see it done - take your time and do it right!

Offline Kendal Coker

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »
I still have to get new shocks and struts and paint the heads of some bolts, get the wheels redone etc. Maybe by this spring I can have it done.  Glad to see some good svo folks have found the site. later Kendal

Offline svo2scj

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »
I still have to get new shocks and struts and paint the heads of some bolts, get the wheels redone etc. Maybe by this spring I can have it done.  Glad to see some good svo folks have found the site. later Kendal

Kendal Have you looked at the DAUB SECTION ???  The set of shocks on the left are 1984 valving , assembly line Koni's (D adjuster) - hint hint
We need to talk -(I don't like the look of refinished wheels/wheelworks) In fact when JB got the Hertz car he didn't too and got the NOS Wheels and 4 NCT's from me.  (They are still around)  Putting many deals together now so as stated we need to talk !

Mark

Offline MJH74

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 02:02:13 AM »
Very cool site Mark.  Thanks for getting me hooked in.

Mitch

Offline chalkys_explorer

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »

Hey All,
            thanks to Mr. Haas for the info on this site. Glad to see an area that will concentrate on the "nuts & bolts" details of SVO's.

Anyway, Chris "Chalky" Chalk from Portland, OR. I am seeing some familiar names from other places which is great and am looking forward to some interesting discussions. 

My stable: 84, 1C, leather. "Blackie the Wonderbeater" Basically a 3-1/2 year rolling resto/ resto-mod which included a rear 1/4  swap and replacement of just about every part!!! This car has been driven cross country twice and has over 200K

84 1E/9L, leather, t-top: found this one sitting in the desert in Fresno and paid $300 for it. Matching numbers engine sitting in the trunk, all front sheetmetal and stock suspension missing. The resto on this one is about to start. We are hoping to have it ready for the Bellevue Roundup MCA Grand National. Not going to be a full-on Concours resto, but very close. NOS collectors, get ready for the calls:):)

84 1C, leather, t-top: this is the parts car for the 1E/9L. Bought it for $650. Totally smashed rear end, apparently it hit a power pole during a hi-speed pursuit, there are bullet holes in the windscreen!!!. LA car so rust free and only built 15 days before the 1E/9L so all the date codes will match. Everything from the doors forward is in good shape and although it can't be driven the engine has been run. WAY past saving!!!

86 1C, cloth: this is my daily driver. 95% stock original, has 113K, drives nice, looks ok. Nuff said.

86 2R, cloth: this is a roller. Not sure what to do with it. It may become a race car or will get the Pro Touring treatment. It's sitting and will be for a while.

Non-SVO's. Also have a really cool 83 Mercury Capri "Black Magic". 5.0L, T-5, t-tops. One of 469 made in '83. Needs paint and some detailing, 95% all original. I had the original gold stripe kit reproduced by Graphix Express in FL from a NOS kit I found. they are now selling it online. This a really cool car and will get done after the t-top.

So as you can see, I'm a bit of an enthusiast. I've been to the Reunion twice, driven both times, and have had the pleasure of meeting many other enthusiasts and seeing some very cool pieces of SVO history.
84 1C MA 3EF132078 .....amongst others

Offline svo2scj

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
Hi Chalky

Glad to see you and thanks for taking the time with the intro !   

Seeing everyones "lists' of cars as cool as seeing them!

Mark

Offline C5ZZ

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
I use to own two SVO's, a early 84 and a 86, wish I still had them!
I still have many NOS parts for them that I bought from Ford.
I drive by a house that has one sitting in the driveway that hasn't
moved in a few years, I need to stop by and check into it.
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline svo2scj

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
I use to own two SVO's, a early 84 and a 86, wish I still had them!
I still have many NOS parts for them that I bought from Ford.
I drive by a house that has one sitting in the driveway that hasn't
moved in a few years, I need to stop by and check into it.

Wow -guess my post was acurate !
SVO Parking Only !

Dedicated to the unique 1984 to 1986 SVO Mustangs -Special Vehicle Operations

While the 80's were rather lack luster - expect to learn more about these highly sophisticated Mustangs that have their own mystique, following and place as a collectable and are MUST DRIVE to understand.

Don't be surprised if you find "many" early owners sought out, bought and still own an SVO ! (or two or three......)

Mark Haas

Now if you want ANOTHER SVO .. and have alot of NOS parts to trade...................

Mark
P.S.  Or just want to trade for a garage of early parts.........................