Author Topic: How to Win article in Mustang Monthly  (Read 1952 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
How to Win article in Mustang Monthly
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
Just wanted to say how awesome it was that Mustang Monthly published SIX pages covering the MCA Judge's Meeting and information about how to win at MCA shows.  Thought it was very well written and contained a lot of useful information.

As with most published articles, we can always find some little detail that the author got wrong.  On the second page of the article, there is mention about door hinge bolts not being painted.  I think the intent of the paragraph was correct, just that the last sentence was not concise and could be misinterpreted.  Obviously, door hinge bolts were painted as doors were installed before final exterior paint.  Donald is aware of this, but the rest of the article is so great, I don't see this as a major problem. 

Again, great article, woohoo!   :) :) ;D
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Epperstang

Re: How to Win article in Mustang Monthly
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
Do you think there is a turn towards originality again?

While I think modification is exciting in some cars, the challenge of preservation seems to be getting more appreciation again.

I don't get MM, but will run out and pick up a copy.

J.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »
Do you think there is a turn towards originality again?

While I think modification is exciting in some cars, the challenge of preservation seems to be getting more appreciation again.

I don't get MM, but will run out and pick up a copy.

J.

From the MCA show statistics, no, there are no trends toward originality.  The total cars judged on authenticity, as a percentage of the total cars entered in shows has basically remained static over the past 5-10 years.  The area where MCA sees growth is in the Modified classes and later model occasional and daily driven.

The article in MM is some great press for MCA!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »
Do you think there is a turn towards originality again?....

Kind of repeating what Charles wrote - in the 25 years I've been in MCA not sure there is any more or less focus on the original cars its, just in total numbers, the percentage may make it appear that way.  The new Mustang and Shelby offerings have created allot of late model owners that are participating and MCA has been doing a better job at bringing in the modified cars in the last 10 years.

Bottom line for me isn't about large numbers of concours cars but about the level those that do show achieve. I believe the internet has influenced the level and number of these cars more than any club has in the past. If it were easy everyone would do it and they would not be so special.

Can't always use the magazines to gauge interest levels in certain types of cars IMHO their job is to sell magazines and to make it exciting.  Not that there is anything wrong with that - but its kind of like the polls the government is always quoting
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)