Author Topic: main computer  (Read 3053 times)

Offline saacman

main computer
« on: September 06, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
 looking  to see what my best option is on either replacing the main computer box or having my box gone through - if they even do that. I'm having idle and acceleration problems with my 86 SVO(black)    i have another 86 SVO (silver) that runs extremely well and just for kicks and see what would happen i switched out the computer box and my  black one ran out fine.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ,specially on best place to get a new computer box
Thanks Todd

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
Re: main computer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi

I would DOUBT that the computer would be your issue (or place to start) !   
If fact I would be willing to mail you a PE computer so you can switch/try and confirm it isn't it.

Having said that WE don't know much about the condition of the car (read fuel/plug gaps/plug wires etc etc) .
I did see you got the car and it was WET ! (?)  Thus the thought that the computer might be bad?

Anyway IF you feel like listing condition and items replaced/changed (maybe even a photos) I'll guess WE will come up with "different" things that plague ALL 2.3 EFI T/C motors!

Mark
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
Re: main computer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
Too late -someone saw this (that was upgrading an 84) and bought it!  (Was kind of fun looking for all the items in the parts)

Mark
P.S.  I wanted him to do it right as I had BCS, coolant lines, hoses, watercooled turbo and even EGRs (different) but just did the injectors, intake and computer.  (hope he had a cam)
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969