Author Topic: 1970 fold down seat info  (Read 3187 times)

Offline joe747

1970 fold down seat info
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:53 PM »
i am restoring my fold down seat parts . i noticed that there is a bracket that holds the saet open or closed  is there two of them or just one .i have seen on e bays a left and a right for sale

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1970 fold down seat info
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:42 PM »
i am restoring my fold down seat parts . i noticed that there is a bracket that holds the saet open or closed  is there two of them or just one .i have seen on e bays a left and a right for sale

These latches are used to hold the fold down up right and yes there are two (one passenger one drivers side) in 69 and 70. They have matching strikers on the forward most (when the assy is in the down position) panel edge
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline joe747

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
does anyone reproduce these parts

Offline joe747

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:46:16 PM »
sorry i think we are talking about a different area . are you talking about the brk on the wheel well . i am talking about the one that is mounted on the trunk hinge

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:32:32 PM »
sorry i think we are talking about a different area . are you talking about the brk on the wheel well . i am talking about the one that is mounted on the trunk hinge

OK so your "talking" about the trap door bracket that holds it in the open position.

That is a two piece unit, a long "wire" oval that attaches to the trap door and a bracket it rubs against mounted to the passenger side trunk hinge mounting point. Original finish on these parts appears to differ depending on where the car was assembled

Only one pair of items - both on passenger side
Jeff Speegle

Offline joe747

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
THAT,s it .thanks Jeff great shot . i have seen some for sale on ebay but the brk is made for the opposite side , was there a lh and a rh made at different times

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »
THAT,s it .thanks Jeff great shot . i have seen some for sale on ebay but the brk is made for the opposite side , was there a lh and a rh made at different times

Never seen one for a Mustang on the drivers side. Wonder if there is another application they are taking those from. 69-70 only passenger side
Jeff Speegle