Author Topic: Mustang 50th Charlotte Rare Cars Display  (Read 13540 times)

Offline tomtri66

• Bronze Level Subscriber
Re: Mustang 50th Charlotte Rare Cars Display
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 11:53:30 PM »
Too bad you had bad info on that.  The Rare Cars tent was "open" and occupied all day on Saturday.  Heck, it was the only dry car viewing place around!

Aww man!  I asked 3 different event staff where I can find it.  Two had no clue, and one woman said oh they didn't open today...very disappointed.  I probably could have searched till I found it but the weather discouraged us from walking around the entire venue until we did.  Still had fun seeing what we saw.  Anyone have any pics to share?
MCA# 78748 Adirondack Shelby Mustang Club
66 Metuchen HT Sprint 200 Package B
6T07T194XXX   65A       Y       22     20A     ?        2       6
                    BODY  COLOR  TRIM  DATE  DSO  AXLE  TRANS
C/O    762
4        A20     6T07T194XXX
65A       Y        22

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 01:14:12 AM »
................Anyone have any pics to share?

Sure others have more - plenty of cool cars

Shot of the front of the tent. From left to right - 68 Shelby convertible prototype - special order paint 69 GT500 convertible - 70 CJ convertible - and a group of blue Corvettes someone left in front of the tent   :o

Forum being represented. We got there early so we got front billing :)    Thanks Marcus !!
Ed Meyers under the hood of the 68 Shelby prototype convertible of Brian Styles

Once the building filled up it was difficult finding your way around each car and the people inside. A shot earlier in the day as they filled in. Just the back row

Really nice original (unrestored) 69 CJ San Jose Mach. Terrible glare - inside to outside :(

And another 69 unrestored San Jose Mach I outside that belongs to Randy

One of the 67 Shelby's in the display. This one happens to be one that was just finished. Believe first time out in public

One of maybe five 65 Shelby's parked in the Rare Car Display. We caught Bill Collins (his was parked to the left behind this one) leaving his in the parking lot of the local Lowes as he ran into the store to purchase a couple for small screws.

A few more cars in the back row

Now here is a display you wouldn't see again - well not very likely ;)   Three of the rarest
Hope I've got this right - if not someone will correct me

A cammer followed by a magnesium Boss 429 followed (believe only one built)  by an aluminum Boss 429 (one of 14??)

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
drummingrocks  kieth has some xxl shirts left if you want remember they always shrink if too big

Thanks Ed, I emailed Keith yesterday about getting a shirt.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 67#2984

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
Thanks Marcus and Ed for a great display. And Thanks to Tony for getting my car there.... greatly appreciated. We had a great time!

J_Speegle, thanks for the pic. The 67 500 is mine. It's far from concours and far from finished, but yes it's the first time since I've owned it (15 years) that it was displayed in public and I think it sat in a NY garage for at least 10 years prior. It's been in hiding for quite some time.

Thanks again guys!

Offline specialed

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
Jeff can I get a copy of your photos as I never got my camera out till sunday morn sunshine but most were gone :'(

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
Jeff can I get a copy of your photos as I never got my camera out till sunday morn sunshine but most were gone :'(

Of course Ed - though I didn't take allot and none should be in a magazine :(

Will bring a disc or thumb drive to SAAC

Jeff Speegle

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »
My wife took a bunch of pics at the rare mustang display. Hopefully she will have time tomorrow to edit and load them. Will post them up when I have them.
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
Here's a link to the pictures my wife and I took at Charlotte. 

http://imgur.com/a/PkvK0#0

The opening pictures are of my friends Richie & Carolyn (priceless)'s Mach 1.  The last few pictures of the maroon '66 coupe are of my car.  In between is anything and everything that we found interesting!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

Of course Ed - though I didn't take allot and none should be in a magazine :(

Will bring a disc or thumb drive to SAAC
Good luck with that technology and Spec Ed. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »
Good luck with that technology and Spec Ed. ;D

Yes but its better than emailing them to him. Hate when he shakes the computer trying to get the pictures out  ???
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
Hello???

Are you trying to down load individual or a bunch at once.   I often get an error message when I try to do a batch upload so I just work around it. If your having that problem PM Charles and he may be able to help :)  Or start a need help in the general discussion rather than embed it in another thread where it might get overlooked by the mods ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline specialed

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »
got an email from a guy putting book together from the cars at 50th so if you got pictures we will need them since we never got a photo shot sat from all the rain & some cars left so now maybe we can get all 50 cars in our more tent group together deadline is july 15th thanks