Author Topic: Looks like Phoenix Graphics Pace Car Decal is wrong - what do you think?  (Read 2059 times)

Offline 79mustangcobra

Hello all,

I was looking at this Pace Car in Lincoln Nebraska over the weekend.

Look at the space between the comma and year.  It makes the decal run into the lip of the fender.

-Reproduction

It should look like this

-Factory

Here are two more examples, again look at the space after the comma, before year.

-Factory

-Reproduction

Has anyone else noticed this?  Thanks

1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281 -  79-93 MCA Concours Judge
Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Probably would not have noticed it, but then again it's hard to see those sort of details when watching the likes of Rick Mears winnning his first, against the field including A.J. Foyt with Bobby and Al Uncer as well...I guess I just wasn't that attentive to details on newest Mustang that time around.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline bluemax

Nice catch. Saw your post on FEP as well.

It's all about attention to detail... spacing, color(s), width of letters, etc.

Sometimes you have to take available reproductions and modify to make them correct to original.

Offline drummingrocks

That's something that I probably never would've noticed either, but now that you mention it, it sticks out like a sore thumb.  It doesn't look good at all to have the "1979" numbering running onto the fender lip.  It would take some doing, but at least the reproduction decal could be modified to be closer than that.  Still, I'd hate to be the one to cut a pre-made decal apart, re-position it, and then try to make sure it all lined up correctly...
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 79mustangcobra

Re: Looks like Phoenix Graphics Pace Car Decal is wrong - what do you think?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
That's something that I probably never would've noticed either, but now that you mention it, it sticks out like a sore thumb.  It doesn't look good at all to have the "1979" numbering running onto the fender lip.  It would take some doing, but at least the reproduction decal could be modified to be closer than that.  Still, I'd hate to be the one to cut a pre-made decal apart, re-position it, and then try to make sure it all lined up correctly...

Talk about needing a steady hand and some patience.  Could be done, just a little tough
1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281 -  79-93 MCA Concours Judge
Proverbs 3:5-6