Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jim, thanks for the quick response.
You're welcome.
I have analysed the cast number when I first got hold of Muscadelle, and could conclude the cast date of the engine block to be 22 sept '65.
The actual production date of the car would be 07 okt '65.
The engine casting date is located on the lower right hand side behind the starter. Your should see this Ford part number "C5AE-6015-E" in raised letters along with the casting date. The actual engine assemble date is actually in two places, on the mounting surface for the oil pan and not visible unless the oil pan is removed, and as I described above, by the distributor.
Engine blocks were cast, then allowed to cool outdoors for a couple of days (occasionally a month or two) before machining and assembly.
Jim
1970 Mustang / Re: Roof Side Weatherstrip Clip
« Last post by KevinK on Today at 03:02:03 PM »
I only recall them being used on the front of the 69 coupe. The photos with 2 are clearly 70.
Modern urethanes are usually the most preferable.  Go with a single stage and have it flattened to something like an eggshell/satin appearance.  Original was lacquer, but it doesn't hold up very well with use.. ring/watch scratches, shoe scuffs.
Parts for Sale / Re: 67 Oem dash pad
« Last post by 68GT/CSconvmod on Today at 02:07:33 PM »
BTT
1970 Mustang / Re: Roof Side Weatherstrip Clip
« Last post by alanmac on Today at 01:36:13 PM »
Is the posters link the correct guide clip part for a 70? 
Parts / Re: Help! Distributor part gone.
« Last post by carlite65 on Today at 01:26:13 PM »
never knew a time when he did not come through. great place to deal with.
I am looking to paint the dash, doors... of the interior of my 1964.5 convertible with blue Code 82 interior.  I was talking with the guys at TCP global and they gave two options acrylic Enamel and Acrylic Urethane.  He told me the advantages and disadvantages of both.  But what I am most concerned with is matching the original sheen.  Is there one of these paints that matches the original sheen better than the other?

Thank you,

Corey
Interior & Trunk / MOVED: Convertible top boot
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 11:57:50 AM »
Parts / Re: Help! Distributor part gone.
« Last post by 88s69Mach1 on Today at 11:46:28 AM »
Howdy! An update on this post...   Dan is a lifesaver!! He found what I needed and is sending them to me!!   Thanks again forum and Mustangbarn.com!!
Jim, thanks for the quick response.

I'm not near the car right now.
I have analysed the cast number when I first got hold of Muscadelle, and could conclude the cast date of the engine block to be 22 sept '65.
The actual production date of the car would be 07 okt '65.
The car was ordered by the first owner on 16 nov '65 (according to the type machine fill out on the original manual).

Does this help sufficiently to direct me to a proper alternative pump, or should I truly need to produce similar images as the ones you submitten in order to progress?
(In the latter case, I can do that at earliest during the Week-End)

I was in SF during summer 2022 on vacation, on a road trip. Enumerating the impessive things I will remember would bring us all way of topic here :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10