Author Topic: 70 Boss 302 - intake manifold gaskets  (Read 2172 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

70 Boss 302 - intake manifold gaskets
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Looking for pros & cons to using ford boss 302 NOS intake gaskets vs fel pro MS 90150 intake gaskets with using rtv instead of the cork end gaskets on a 70 boss 302, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:48:35 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: intake manifold gaskets
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
Since this is the Concours site ;)   Then rtv and non-white intake gaskets would not be original or correct for the car and if shown would equate to points lost

Since I recently did my 69 Boss I choose to paint the gaskets to being them back to the original look (adding the lines and markings to the surface)  and the cork end gaskets. Since I painted the engine with the intake on like originally the slight amount of overspray from under and around the mask tended to cover the outer edges of the gasket material anyway

Pictures of this are posted in that build thread

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »
Since this is the Concours site ;)   Then rtv and non-white intake gaskets would not be original or correct for the car and if shown would equate to points lost

Since I recently did my 69 Boss I choose to paint the gaskets to being them back to the original look (adding the lines and markings to the surface)  and the cork end gaskets. Since I painted the engine with the intake on like originally the slight amount of overspray from under and around the mask tended to cover the outer edges of the gasket material anyway

Pictures of this are posted in that build thread

Hope this helps
Thank you Jeff, i did know the white gaskets were assembly line parts, the problem i had was a vacumm leak at the base of intake manifold gaskets using the fel pro 1248 printoseal gasket set after a few thousand miles  , it seems the gasket of choice over at the boss 302 site to help cure that problem is the fel pro MS 90150 set, i purchased a set and they have a ford logo and C9ZE-9439-B part number on them ,  i am close to installing the intake manifold just want all those vacumme leaks gone when i fire it up again, thanks,  chuck

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »
Thank you Jeff, i did know the white gaskets were assembly line parts, the problem i had was a vacumm leak at the base of intake manifold gaskets using the fel pro 1248 printoseal gasket set after a few thousand miles  , it seems the gasket of choice over at the boss 302 site to help cure that problem is the fel pro MS 90150 set, i purchased a set and they have a ford logo and C9ZE-9439-B part number on them ,  i am close to installing the intake manifold just want all those vacumme leaks gone when i fire it up again, thanks,  chuck

Isn't a vaccum leak part of what makes a B2 CONCOURS?  :o  ;D
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments